A list of suggestions I have thought up from my time playing StarMade

Reaction score
    Through my time playing I have found small thing here and there that could be tweeked just alittle to enhance the games functionality (gameplay not hardware) here is a list of my ideas...

1. Being able to enter flight mode through cockpits, that would give you the option of puting your core in a more protected spot that dosent need a direct passage way from it.
    2. Exit module (for lack of better name >.>) this would allow you to exit your ship at whatever spot its located instead of always being spat out at your shipcore.
    3. Wile in cockpit/shipcore or just flight mode in general you are able to hold the ALT key (default) for a free camera mode so your ship dosent act like a dead fish wile you look around. this free camera mode would also have a toggle option in the menue.
    4. When you orient a block such as a weapon module or a cockpit then (if its a weapon or other projectile) it will fire in the direction of its "forard" orientation. (If cockpit) your default camera angle when in that cockpit would be faceing the blocks "forward" orientation. I dont think I need to explain how useful eather of these Ideas would be =).
    5. Status Module, this would allow you to see your ships numbers when used (or another tab on the inventory screen like weapons) The numbers I refer to are things like overall energy and sheild capacity as well as the recharge rate of both of them. Also it might show acceleration rate, how much energy thrusters and weapons use.
    6. Replace the shipcore's ability to use a docking laser with its own module that like all other blocks would be able to be oriented (for use of Idea 4)
    7. the docking laser dose not activait/deactivait Plexdoors, that will allow people to make functional hanger door on both ships and bases.
    8. Give turrets the ability to switch between weapons (a turret with missles and antimatter cannons will fire both when it has the ability)
    9. Command Module and Recever Module (Recever could be the BOBBY AI) the Command module would be a hotkey block like a weapons computer, it would be linked to the Recever Module. It would be used to select targets for AI controlled ships, turrets to eather engage the target (left mouse button) or move to target (Right mouse button) turrets would not be able to use the move command as to be expected. these Modules would allow a player to command a fleet of AI ships by useing multipule Command Moduels each one linked to its own Recever, or seperate his fleet into squads and have a single Command Module linked to multiple Recever Modules.
    10. The ability to rotate your charactor like you can your ship, nuf said.
    11. Allow players to link astroids (no sure If your entitie codeing would allow that but it would be fun).
    12. like all other weapon traits are increased the more modules are connected to eachother for missles being able to increase and decrease lock time.
    13. Heat seaking missles will not go after your own faction or faction allies.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope at least a couple of these ideas gets implemented into Starmade. I might post more ideas anotehr time but I think I got it all =)

-Dimcreaper

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like most of your suggestions, the only one that I really dislike is number 7. I have a giant ship (well, to me at least. The hangar for smaller ships is larger than the hanger in the prespawned starport), and the entire back wall is plexdoors. I can just tractor the plexdoors to open them, rather than get out, navgate out of my ship, press r on the door, navigate back in my small ship, then dock. At the very least if you remove this feature, put in a module to do it instead.

Reaction score
    The reason I wanted #7 is that I am currently makeing a large ship with a hanger on its belly that holds a single fighter that fits comfortably inside. I didnt want to leave the belly open to small ships to fly in and shoot me so I put on door and now I cant dock without craming my fighter in the hanger and trying to hit the docking module wile I bump around inside the larger ship. I under stand the clumsyness of removing the feature though and I can see its uses, but removeing it or replaceing it with something else like another module would make a few parts of this the game easyer.