A liitle suggestion on turrets

Reaction score
    1.Just adding a little checkbox to the structure panel, that when checked makes turrets return to their original facing once no enemies are in range.

2.Make turrets fire at other turrets.

The reason for implementing those is:

1.Make ships with turrets more beautiful

2.Makes turret ships more fit for combat

What do you think?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    1. I totally agree to the return to original rotation feature, but one should also be able to set/reset the original orientation.

2. Turrets will fire at a selected entity, if told so. You can assign - let\'s say - a third of your turrets to fire at the selected target. They will attack enemy turrets, if you select them, which can easily be done using the navi. If no entity is selected, they will also fire at enemy ships, like normal turrets.(they did the last time I tested)

These are my thoughts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    this idea has my full support. i would like to be able to set the orintation that the turrets return to if said box is checked

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Setting the orignal orientation could be done by having the docking module be set as a 24-orientable shape. (6 faces, four directions on each face.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"2. Turrets will fire at a selected entity, if told so.\"

I have had a lot of trouble getting my turrets to fire at enemy turrets, on either targeting mode. If I attack a pirate station, my own turrets usually only fire at one or two of the station turrets.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Turrets or other attached weapons will not fire on turrets or inactive targets. It\'s not posible to make your turrets fire at ships that are not piloted/ overheating or turrets and other docked ships. AI will also not fire on bobby ai controlled turrets or docked ships either.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    +1. I like this. The suggestion is a bit simple and vague, but hey.

And I agree with @Darth Plaigus. It\'s always bothered me that turrets under a ship will face backwards, somewhat upsetting vertical symmetry. Having a say in the direction that turrets face would be kinda nice.

Reaction score
    While I do agree with this statement, it was suggested a lot already, and I was trying to share some new ideas.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    sometimes when i fire on station turrets my turrets also open fire, if not for a few bursts.

Reaction score
    Turrets don\'t shoot other turrets, but they do shoot ships. When you fire at a turret on a pirate base it\'s likely that you destroy the turret docking module. The turret disconnects from the station and is then considered a ship, so your turrets open fire.

Anyway, +1 to this idea.