Read by Schine A.I turns on when vessel is vacant.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    We all know that if we enter an A.I controlled entity, the A.I turns off to allow the player to control it, my suggestion is simply, allow a setting in the BOBBY block that allows the vessel's A.I to turn back on when the player leaves the entity.

I know, fairly underwhelming, but that's all I got to say on the matter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I like it but I have a suggestion. If the player logs off, bind the astronaut to the vessel and turn on AI. It would be a rude surprise to log back in and find your ship is 5 sectors away chasing pirates or something, because the AI was switched out when you logged out.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I like it but I have a suggestion. If the player logs off, bind the astronaut to the vessel and turn on AI. It would be a rude surprise to log back in and find your ship is 5 sectors away chasing pirates or something, because the AI was switched out when you logged out.
    Fair enough, I mostly made the suggestion with turrets in mind, but that's a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We all know that if we enter an A.I controlled entity, the A.I turns off to allow the player to control it, my suggestion is simply, allow a setting in the BOBBY block that allows the vessel's A.I to turn back on when the player leaves the entity.

I know, fairly underwhelming, but that's all I got to say on the matter.
    This is a great idea... Except.... you'll be separated from your ship, even if you're inside when you log off. See: http://starmadedock.net/threads/res...n-to-entered-entity-on-exit.8064/#post-125382

I personally would love to see more blocks that can be used when inside of a ship only upon leaving the core.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, lets say you log off. When you disconnect you're no longer in the ship's core. You are also no longer attached to your ship. This means, with an AI module, your ship could run away and go off fighting pirates or other players, while you're left floating in the last place the game thought the ship core was while you were logged in.

I've had a server lag out while in fight, only to log in and find out my ship was now 10km away from me, rather than still being inside the ship.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, lets say you log off. When you disconnect you're no longer in the ship's core. You are also no longer attached to your ship. This means, with an AI module, your ship could run away and go off fighting pirates or other players, while you're left floating in the last place the game thought the ship core was while you were logged in.

I've had a server lag out while in fight, only to log in and find out my ship was now 10km away from me, rather than still being inside the ship.
    Yes fair enough, I made the idea with turrets in mind, but that makes sense... Perhaps if we introduced a system by which if you disconnect while attached to the ship, you log back on on the relative position, as has been suggested a million times.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    They could make the "auto-activate on core exit" function an option in the AI block menu.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Are you thinking of auto-pilot like "point this way and let it go"? If this is the case, you could make a push/pull pulse system that would catapult your ship forward. I am installing a system like this, because I do not trust auto keybinding the computer to hold the w key or placing a marble on the w key (I am creative with my approaches :p).

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Are you thinking of auto-pilot like "point this way and let it go"? If this is the case, you could make a push/pull pulse system that would catapult your ship forward. I am installing a system like this, because I do not trust auto keybinding the computer to hold the w key or placing a marble on the w key (I am creative with my approaches :p).
    No, I mean a setting for the BOBBY A.I Module for turrets, that means that if someone leaves the turret, the A.I turns back on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    That would definitely help with turret setup, thank you for clarifying.