Not open for further replies.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello,

A few days ago, I created a video relaying a rather heated conversation in the Odium Teamspeak channel, intending to get the word out about some inflammatory statements of the Atlas Armaments leader xlBlackhawklx involving homosexuals and exploitation/doxxing. After the video was shared among the Nest of Orion group, a few Nova Fleet Dynamics and Thryn Monarchy members commented that it didn't seem like the right way to go, and that I was stooping to the same level as Blackhawk with the methods used in spreading the video around:

"the way we're propagating this is almost as sad as BH himself folks..."
    "I still don't see why you guys are paying so much attention to them, we don't even play on the same server
    anymore

#NOnoninterventionistparty‏
    "
    I have taken these into consideration and reviewed myself and my actions involving the video, and have decided that the concerns stated by the members are valid and correct.

As such, I am issuing a formal apology to the Odium Pact as a whole on behalf of my actions and intent involving the propagating of the video, and intend for such an incident not to repeat itself. Note that these actions were not those of Nova Fleet Dynamics, nor of the Nest of Orion alliance as entities, and I take full responsibility for any consequences. I created the video seeing a potential opportunity to "be done with his flaming bulls***" and did not consider the consequences or the nature of my actions involving the video.

The creation and propagation of the video were in relation to certain things said by Odium members such as Blackhawk during the incident, and I hope, although I do not demand or expect, to receive an apology from them to the NO members involved.

"All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes" -Winston Churchill

Thank you for your time,
    -FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    If you haven't already if your description of that video is accurate, you may want to delete it of youtube, correct me if i am wrong but i think the person targeted by this video can pursue slander charges

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you haven't already if your description of that video is accurate, you may want to delete it of youtube, correct me if i am wrong but i think the person targeted by this video can pursue slander charges
    Slander requires a false statement; if he said it himself, it can not be slander otherwise he would be perpetrating slander upon himself which just doesn't make sense.
    Edit; legal information.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/slander
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel
    While slander is okay to call it, it's technically libel.
    In both cases though, it's typical that it has to be proven that it was 1) with intent to harm and 2) false. It was intended to harm, but since it was from his mouth it'd be difficult to prove it false.
    All this being said, IANAL, I'm just looking this up because I'm interested.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you haven't already if your description of the video is accurate, you may want to delete it of youtube, correct me if i am wrong but i think the person targeted by this video can pursue slander charges
    The video is nothing more than 5 minutes of the argument being played. I have already made arrangements for it to be taken down or at the very least set to private.

Reaction score
    No need to apologize, it was fun watching the Nest of Orion get chewed out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of immaturity from Odium.

Honestly, I would think the members of Odium would be as civilized as its leaders, but it looks like the leaders have more maturity than its members.

What FlyingDebris did was right, and for someone from Odium to throw more insults only tarnishes their public appearance even more.

I'm surprised these kind of people are still in Odium.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of immaturity from Odium.

Honestly, I would think the members of Odium would be as civilized as its leaders, but it looks like the leaders have more maturity than its members.

What FlyingDebris did was right, and for someone from Odium to throw more insults only tarnishes their public appearance even more.

I'm surprised these kind of people are still in Odium.
    i dont think he is in odium....

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    i dont think he is in odium....
    Thats just it! I don't remember him being in or applying for an Odium faction. He seems to be just trolling in a way that shows he supports Odium...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats just it! I don't remember him being in or applying for an Odium faction. He seems to be just trolling in a way that shows he supports Odium...
    kinda hard for a non odium member to be suportive... after all odium is hated...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    He takes great interest in Odiums wellbeing on the forums. Several times random members have been called Thryn members by Odium. I'm calling him an Odium member.
    Yea, it's obviously an alt. Especially with the account creation date, there's no way for him to know the details of everything that happened before unless it's the alt of a regular member (most likely banned).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    We do indeed have some... embarrassing... people in the alliance.
    I find it sad that this sort of thing could be said in response to such a repentant gesture, and assure you that that does not represent all members of the odium pact.

Who do you think would make an alt just to post these kinds of things? In most factions, an immature member is told to rethink what he says. Yes, I know, but it is true. They wouldn't get to the point of making alts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We do indeed have some... embarrassing... people in the alliance.
    I find it sad that this sort of thing could be said in response to such a repentant gesture, and assure you that that does not represent all members of the odium pact.

Who do you think would make an alt just to post these kinds of things? In most factions, an immature member is told to rethink what he says. Yes, I know, but it is true. They wouldn't get to the point of making alts.
    your one of those embarrassing people.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    your one of those embarrassing people.
    I have to honestly say, the stark difference between the slightly serious tone of the thread and its contents, and then an ironically childish remark to someone who is attempting to be better made me chuckle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have to honestly say, the stark difference between the slightly serious tone of the thread and its contents, and then an ironically childish remark to someone who is attempting to be better made me chuckle.
    No, the meanness, you're starting it! D:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey i call it like i see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.