A few thoughts/ideas from a Starmade noob!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Heya, I'm known in-game as Zeke :3
    I've only played Starmade a couple days now, but from what I can see, it's amazing :D I know it's in Alpha right now, but I would believe this was Beta, or better :D

Anyways, I have some Ideas! You can ignore them if you want, 'cause you guys are doing great so far anyways :3

The Team Deathstar game-type, later on you guys could impliment a longer-lasting one that is more vicious :3 Have the death-stars 10+ sectors away from eachother, so each team has to either, trek the distance, or build bases on the way as checkpoints ect.
    Game Mode idea, is to implement story-mode that can be played single-player or multiplayer [up to 10 players]
    Another one: Sandbox with up to 4 teams :) That way, players have to work together, and build up resources to build a strong base to defend against enemy attack/scrapper teams :3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Taking interest in the multiplayer aspects of the game, great ideas so far, keep more coming!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I know I haven't been on in a while :( But I've been running around trying to figure a lot of irrelevant things out >.< Srry guys!

BUT! another Idea stirred in this messed up head of mine.
    If you implement personal combat [Fighting on foot] you can do some pretty awesome stuff with the base defence/offense mode!
    The pre-made starbase that is currently the deathstar, you could increase it's hull defence to be nearly impossible to destroy, without a huge armada of battleships. This may sound stupid, BUT! If combat has advanced to where you can fight on foot, then you can make the starbase, an actual base, instead of just a big ball of hull :) Making a docking bay inside it, with auto-firing turrets and energy shields that only open for the team the base is for [at least until your ship(s) destroy the scanner], you have the potential to make an entire structured base, that soldiers can land in, and invade/defend!
    The second idea that is part of this one idea, is that, one mode you could set up, could make each team have to build their base from the ground up. This means, whoever is set as team commander [whether it's one of you admins, or a trusted player] has to find a suitable place to put the starbase, and then the team works together to build it as complicated or simple as they wish! And have the nearly impenetrable hulls buyable for a large sum of credits, and only place-able on the main Starbase :)

The reason I came up with this Idea, is because.. The Deathstars in the current modes, are just too easy to destroy with some of these builds I've seen, and would be no real challenge in multiplayer if someone was able to get a build up as powerful as them. So, if there are main-starbase only hulls that are superiorly defence-able and almost impossible to destroy, then there is a much higher challenge! The only downfall of this idea, is that it would almost demand ground-combat, otherwise it'd take forever for a fleet of battleships armed to the teeth, nuking on one area to get in :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a name for the purple rocks and the purple vains name them unknown various and unknown various vain