A few simple suggestions.

Reaction score
    Greetings!

Like most everyone, I have some suggestions. Now I will preface this thread by saying that I have not read trhough much of any of the suggestion board, there is just way too many, so if my suggestions have already been suggested, or confirmed for implimentation in the future, then forgive me. Like you, I just want to voice my opinions about what I think should be in the game.

That said, lets get started.

1. Artificial Horizon - For those that don't know what this is, it is basically a little ball weighted on one side to always be oriented on a single direction so you can easily tell which way you are facing and if you are leveld out or not. It is used mainly in airplanes.

http://sarasotaavionics.com/images/productimages/GH02V.jpg

I feel this is essential for a game of this nature. We already have the C key to auto rotate and level out with "Galactic North", but having some way to know what my orientation is while flying around would be invaluable.

2. Middle Mouse Button Block Selecting - For anyone that has played minecraft, you probalby know about this. Being able to press the MMB to select an already place block so you can easily switch blocks and keep building. This would be an amazing addition when working with andgles blocks, or other blocks that require rotation. Having to re-rotate wedges for any changes I want to make on my builds is rather annoying, so being able to easily select an already placed wedge to get the proper rotation would speed things up considerably.

3. A background and larger display for block rotation - Because rotating black blocks while in space is a pain, Nuff said.

Update - 8/13/2013

4. Link storage chests to salvage computer - An alternative to putting salvage directly into the player inventory, you could link a storage chest to the salvage computer, just like the cannon blocks, and anything salvaged would be directed to the chest(s) instead.

5. Sorting Computer - This device be much like a chest. You can link chests to it, and "program" it to move specific blocks to specific chests. IR when salvaging a station, you can sort the salvage by gray hulls to one chest, and glass to another, and lights to another chest, etc. Alturnativly, the sorter would act like a chest, holding unsorted items in it, and you can use it on its own with chests to amke a sorting system for your own personal storage.

Thats all I got for now. Thansk for reading.