A few questions

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Number one. Will capital ships ever be able to produce smaller ships, similar to the Star Destroyers in Star Wars. I only ask because it will have an effect on how I build my capitals.

Number two. Will the lines created by logic from one block to another ever be invisible? It looks kind of tacky with all those lines everywhere.

Number three. Programmable blocks. If, then blocks maybe? I don't know the future of logic, so I am just asking.

And finally. Ship Yards. I guess this kind of goes with number one but seemed important enough to ask on it's own. Will they be a thing?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If, then blocks maybe? I don't know the future of logic, so I am just asking.
    I don't think you need an if/then thing, do you? Like, if you wanted, "If the button is pressed, then open the door," you could just link the button to the door.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't think you need an if/then thing, do you? Like, if you wanted, "If the button is pressed, then open the door," you could just link the button to the door.

There are more complicated ideas I had for it, for instance "IF the elevator is not moving, THEN the door will open" that way my elevator doors don't open when the area signals unless it's stopped. I can't seem to find a work up around the doors opening when the elevator goes to a floor and passes through the area trigger.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are more complicated ideas I had for it, for instance "IF the elevator is not moving, THEN the door will open" that way my elevator doors don't open when the area signals unless it's stopped. I can't seem to find a work up around the doors opening when the elevator goes to a floor and passes through the area trigger.
    You could put an activator next to the rail section the elevator stops on, I think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    AND gates are your friend for this sort of thing. Have an activation module next to the rail, linked to an AND gate, and another activation module for the floor selection linked to the same AND gate. When both activation modules are on (i.e, when the elevator is at a specific floor) then you can trigger the door to open.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    AND gates are your friend for this sort of thing. Have an activation module next to the rail, linked to an AND gate, and another activation module for the floor selection linked to the same AND gate. When both activation modules are on (i.e, when the elevator is at a specific floor) then you can trigger the door to open.

Could I convince you to take a screenshot of what that would look like? My schizophrenia-riddled brain has almost completely lost it's ability to imagine things from words.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    1. As far as i know, No. Ships will only be able to be produced from shipyards which will be built on space stations. It would be cool to have homeworld style carriers that make fighters on the fly but sadly it looks like ship production will be a dry dock thing. Then again we will be getting factories on ships eventually so its possible that we could get shipyards on ships too.

2. Logic wires connecting other logic blocks is a feature. although when it comes to wireless logic blocks being connected to other logic blocks on the same entity im not sure. Theres a bug ticket that seems to indicate that wireless logic blocks arnt suppose to have the glowing wire at all. I havent seen any of the devs say that so thats why im unsure.

3. Theres been many suggestions for it but there doesn't seem to be any plans. logic kind of overlaps with its functionality though i wish i could compact certain circuits down to just one block.

Reactions: Kyoretsu
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Since I didn't see it posted on this thread, Yes shipyards will be a thing, and they will be soon https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap
    (Sooner than SoonTM)

Not many details are released about how they may work, but there's a lot of suggestions which don't seem that bad (I at least think they'll have a chance of being implemented) but currently it's wait and see about what may happen.

IF you have the ability to mount a ship-yard on a mobile ship (question one), that'd make some interesting developments in terms of drone swarms and such (Especially if you can build them docked to the main ship) But there's no definite answer, just theory based off what we've seen so far in terms of station ship segregation.

Reactions: Kyoretsu