A few polite requests and an open ear for input...

Reaction score
    I see many posts here offering suggestions for various features that others would like to see implemented into the game. Seeing as that requires more imagination that I'm willing to engage, I would like to politely request a few alterations, or possibly bug fixes?, to features that are already in game! Please feel free to add your two cents if you agree or disagree.....

(1) Block preview in advanced build mode. It would be wonderful if the previewed block were not drawn in the middle of the line of blocks that I am about to place, but closer to my viewpoint (near the end). This is especially taxing when placing stacks of 50....

(2) Black hull and armors: I'd love to be able to clearly see what I'm building when placing black hull or armor. I've found the oversaturation and intense lighting provided by the "lighten mode" to be a bit counterproductive, making some hulls/armor even more difficult to see, even if it does make some armor/hull a tad easier to see....

(3) Shield and power drain beams: These underutilized items lack sorely in the range department. Perhaps a slight range boost to around 1k would not be overpowered and might encourage more widespread utilization?

(4) Replace mode: When using the replace mode in the advanced build helper, it often fails to orient the replacing block the same as those being replaced. Many are aware of this problem with blocks such as tetras or corners....yet I've found this to be true even when replacing black hull wedges with sapsun ingot wedges! (I have even tried orienting the sapsun ingot wedges correctly before replacing, yet they still place incorrectly!)

(5) Cannon or beam/missile: The combination of cannon/beam master and missile slave is stated to produce a shotgun like effect, yet the pattern of the projectiles/beams is identical every shot and the spread pattern extraordinarily wide. I'd be happy to see some randomness in the pattern and either a reduced spread or a way of adjusting the spread.

(6) Logic lines: I know. You know. They know. I'll say it anyway....could we please have an option to turn them off in the advanced build mode? It would make designing complex circuits in tight quarters much easier to accomplish!

(7) Tics and seconds: The duration in tics (or seconds?) is reported in a rather confusing manner in the entity structure menu making exact calculations of power usage, damage, etc. difficult to ascertain...especially for newer players. The "missing tic (half tic?) issue also throws a monkey wrench into any plans that involve exact or near exact timings.

(9) Display modules and wireless connections: Display modules and wireless connections do not seem to remember their respective text and/or connections when blueprinted. To really add to the fun...sometimes they do!?. I'm rather OCD about labeling my logic and adding direction signs to my builds, so the display modules losing their text is quite frustrating. *on a side note: Adding text to these display modules is a rather clunky affair and their ability to display varying information rather limited. Perhaps a bit of love?

(10) Disappearing and/or undocking entities: There is very well known bug with entities attached via the shipyard or the "creating docking" methods that result in their vanishing and/or detaching. This is not what I speak of, as I use these very seldomly (I design solely in single player now as design in the shipyard is also rather clunky). I have a rather predictable habit of placing small rail door on most of my builds and these consistently poof into thin air or (rarely) are found some distance away. The manner in which I build the item does not seem to matter (admin spawn, build by hand block by block, blueprint spawn...etc...

(11) Shipyards: As I mentioned in passing above, design in the shipyard is rather clunky, even ignoring the docked entity issues. As no weapon can be fired or other system tested/evaluated as the build progresses, without a tiresome trip to the "test area", this option is barren to me. Hand construction in a multiplayer environment is also a mute point, as we can no longer keep adequate materials on our person to place....

(12) Wireframe FPS: I have a top of the line watercooled PC that I hand built. It will literally play multiple instances of Starmade simultaneously. Yet a single large ellipsoid, in nothing more than the wireframe stage of the advanced build helper, can slow me down to 5 FPS. Titan class ships do not do this, nor do large planets, multiple entities, etc.....

(12) Stop beams: Try using them. Absolutely horrible, heh. Everyone I speak to is forced to avoid them and instead use the stop effect. Could these be adjusted a bit to elevate them to some semblance of viability?

(13) Jump inhibitors: Try linking a button to two separate jump inhibitor computers and pushing it. There is currently a bug or limit? on how many jump inhibitor computers that can be activated simultaneously on a single entity (apparently that limit is....one).

(14) Shield regeneration: As I stated in another post under support, there is some bug with how the pause is calculated after a sheild bank is reduced to zero...more specifically...it randomly either does not pause whatsoever or intermittently decides that it will only pause once (even under heavy fire it will continue to regenerate after it has been paused once)

(15) Doors: A bit more variety or a retexture of existing? The blast doors are especially underwhelming!

I'm sure I could go on and on, but as this post is beginning to resemble a tax code document, I'll truncate it here!

Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
    (14) Shield regeneration: As I stated in another post under support, there is some bug with how the pause is calculated after a sheild bank is reduced to zero...more specifically...it randomly either does not pause whatsoever or intermittently decides that it will only pause once (even under heavy fire it will continue to regenerate after it has been paused once)
    That might be that: ⚓ T1118 explosions don't trigger shield recharge outage

Hand construction in a multiplayer environment is also a mute point, as we can no longer keep adequate materials on our person to place....
    Uhh.... cargo? What is your problem here?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    First off, this should be posted in Suggestions.

I started a big long post to repsond to your points one by one. I found myself repeating myself a lot.

Basically, this is an alpha game. Bug fixes are a low priority since they will probably break next update. Pretty much everything you are asking for is already planned. They will get to it eventually. Just remember it's only three guys doing the coding as a second job (I'm not even sure they actually get paid yet).

Having said that, SkylordLuke, you might want to take note of #6 and #9 to add to your FAS thread.
    #15, otoh, is a texture issue. Try posting something in Kupu's thread.
    And EditorRUS 2 is correct. You can link your large cargo areas to your personal inventory. The button is at the top of your cargo screen.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you say so. With the way some of these players crack the whip around here I half expect Criss and Bench to be locked in a basement somewhere.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    If you say so. With the way some of these players crack the whip around here I half expect Criss and Bench to be locked in a basement somewhere.
    You seem to have missed either the intent or tone of my post. It was not intended as a judgement or a demand, but a polite request to consider, and more so an open discussion among players. That is why it was posted in general discussion. I do believe the title of the post and the first paragraph were rather descriptive of my intent...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454638974,1454638668][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That might be that: ⚓ T1118 explosions don't trigger shield recharge outage

Uhh.... cargo? What is your problem here?
    That works fine for those who use one massive cargo cube tied to a single storage....I've had all my materials categorized and in independent storages since the day I began playing, heh. I find it easier at this point to simply design in single than rebuilding my entire storage and production facilities...perhaps someday I'll get to that! =)

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I suggest you post suggestions (because that is what your requests basicaly are) in the suggestion section ;)