A Few Notes....

Reaction score
    My notes on space travel, now i've played many space games. While all the ships are cool and shit, I think that most people dont pay attention to what really matters, the space you travel thru, now you dont have to have hyper space or warp drive, just a navigation map and a compass, and as such this idea is about navigation or lack there of, now it should be a fog of war map, until you explore it you dont know whats there, and what you dont know can kill you. Now this suggestion will add a few blocks to the game:

Astro-Log: Basically A point and click log book of your journey, and things of intrest.

Viso Sensor Array: A combination of a few blocks make up this array, this allows for the tracking of friendly ships within a 3 sector radius, due to thier faction tag blinking in subspace.

Next, there should be an upgrade to the core, setting not the core as the ship, but as the entire ship as the ship, allow sub-system targeting, such as engine control, sensor nodes, and other subsystems, but to balance this allow these systems when thier offline to regenate after a set time, but once thier destroyed, remove thier active ability, and dont show thier options until a new module is installed

Let me know what u think

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We already have a map (even if it needs work badly.) We could modify it so it only shows things you have discovered (say, within 2 sectors.) Pretty sure all that would be needed in the code would be a boolean \"discovered\"

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The map does only show things you discover. On multiplayer it shows what everyone has discovered.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the items you mentioned, especially an Astro-log. It would be quite interesting to be able to set interest points and keep track of places you\'d like to go to.