A few ideas (characters, ships and personal weapons) long detailed read - Last Edit 23/07/2013

Reaction score
    I like the idea of a small stealth ship transporting a small squad of troops into a large capital ship to destroy it from the inside, fight it out with the crew and troops on board, or even quietly sabotaging the ship\'s inner workings. So I would suggest customizable explosive charges. Something that a player would carry around and then plant on an enemy ship that they infiltrated. They could use the same weapon building system you mentioned earlier, with many different parts. I was thinking something like an explosive core, similar to the weapon core, though larger, with a few variations that provide different activation sources: timer, remote detonation, and explosion upon damage. The parts added could be different explosive types that customize the radius, damage, and damage type of the explosion. So there would be a block that adds damage to hulls, a block that adds damage to shields, a block that adds explosion radius, and a block that temporarily disables systems in the radius. Imagine a large battle, in which a near-invincible capital ship suddenly finds its shields disabled, or perhaps its main cannon, or even its generators. These explosives could be mixed and matched, though there would need to be a size limit to force players to customize their explosives, and to give them a reason to carry multiple explosives. As another idea, I would like to suggest a device that can be attached to a generator that disables it and interrupts the patterns that generators rely on to produce a reasonable amount of energy. Attatch it to a corner of a large section, and the power generation would be severely crippled. This would make protecting your generator more important, and would encourage smaller backup power generators, and even some automated defences like small turrets in a hallway.

Reaction score
    I was reading this and I couldn\'t help but think of C-4. What if the shape the explosives were put on the bomb affected the explosions blast radius? Like a cone encased in hardened hull wouldake a 3x3 hole in whatever way it was facing. Or a sphere with random bits of hull in it would become a shrapnel bomb.

Reaction score
    This was literally the only idea in the entire post i didnt like. I think the current blocky engines are nice, and making them round would detract from the entire blocky feel of the game. Other than that, amazing work compiling all that.

Reaction score
    Loving these ideas, some of them would be really awesome in the game, I would also add in jet packs to the personal craftable items that you could add, so that you could fly around faster when out of your ship or use a fuel burn to quickly catch it up if you\'ve suddenly ended up outside.

Different versions could also be created to offer different speed, shields, manouverability etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As hunter95 said, a weapon in the form of a beam would be nice. Maybe something such as: amplified radiation waves,nor ARW?
    When fired, it would consume much energy per second, but fire a thick light beam. When hitting an object, it creates explosions similar to an overheating core. It would damage blocks over time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love most of this, but something I want to highlight is that the modular personal weapon is a cool enough idea that if I don\'t see it here I will keep an eye out for games that do it elsewhere, as it oddly has never occured to me before. It seems... right, from a roleplayer\'s perspective such as mine, that players would be able to customise their own weapon\'s design, in my own case likely having a simple Trek phaser, a more nasty player having a spiky gun of doomy dooms, an unimaginative sort having a large block of pixels without any detail.

Reaction score
    Great. Hope schema likes this, too. Also, mind adding a few suggestions of mine?

1.It\'s truly simple to explain - a modular personal armor, built exactly like weapons you described + mini landing gears for them.

2. Having faction modules accesible by anyone who can reach them, same thing with gravity modules. Would add a whole new mini-game of ship boarding.

3. And finally, one would eventually wish to attack a planet... and thats where the rotors come in. The would be like docking modules, except they will be possible to configure for difirent actions on button presses. And those actions would be rotation of the docked part. Those modules would be excellet in stuff like building a tank, or a walking mech.

And man, i just HATE the bunks idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Whilst i haven\'t yet read through all the concepts here, i do like what i have so far read! Hoping Schema comes and takes a look :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    No bunks or weird light stuff (I\'d much rather see the captain being able to manually turn on/off lights using a quickbar slot or something than have them auto-change colors), or, for that matter, changes to engine shape, but the rest is basically most of the things the game needs at this point.