A Cube Planet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see that the planets are extremely poorly made ??and the most scarce resources are easy to find in the bottom of the planet.

So we are in a world of cubes so it is very hard to make something round and big enough to make a world.

But tell square square square therefore planet. The idea already exists, but why not implement it?

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ajiIdNkwdI&hd=1

Reaction score
    The simplest, most elegant way to solve this is to make a hemisphere planet and have the atmosphere be the other half of the sphere.

iTy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like disk planets for now, maybe in future future updates it will change but I think it\'s great for now.

Oh yeah for the space turtles SCHEMA GET TO IT! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    sry not rly good at eng but will try...
    i also dont know if i am on the right board xD but anyhow...

in minecraft thay got teleports and stuff to other dimentions and so on... wouldent it be possible to just create a large planetlike teleport who can be seen from a large distance like the planets now and when entred teleport the ship to a \"planet\" the planet itelf would be like in the minecraft world large and diffrent lanscapes and so on? depends of the plantet ofc can still be a dessert planet who is to close to the sun or a ice planet or somting like earth idk...

and if som1 have like an unknown underground base on it you need sensor array to detect it or somting

if possible even be able to bomb from orbit with some kind of weapon and so on... think you get my point :P atleast idk how to explane it better... ^^

Reaction score
    Cube planet is best i think too. You can still have large flat generated cities, and no fancy mathematical or logical thinking involved. Next best thing to having a real sphere world, whereas sphere shape block world would not be fun to walk on sharp edges. Also i wouldn\'t want to see block-made trees in 20 degree angles and the likes, it just wouldn\'t look right. Hemisphere is still basically a floating island, not something i\'d call a planet. Even 2-sided disk would be more planet-like.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Theres an entire post Schema made that describes what problems he will encounter implimenting this and the issues the players will face. Currently hes thinking of making planets double sided. Far too often people post about the shape of planets. Please don\'t bring it up in new topics if you haven\'t checked to see what other topics there are about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Double sided is the only way to do this that won\'t take all eternity.

Basically as far as I can see, like having tow stations touching each other, but seperate in reality. Gravity will be one way for top, other way for bottom.

Only thing I have NFI about is what happens if you get to the \"core\" does your body and ships get ripped apart lol. Thats the only weak point with it I guess he has considered this and knows if its an issue or not.

The other guy saying \"teleport into the planet\" yeah not bad... but I really love this \"fly out of it into space\" no teleport required feature... I just wish he\'d make gravity Hardcore, punish ships without Serious Juice to escape the gravity, make real ships, designed for space, not planets, require small planet-travel ships. Epic.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Chances are he will add an impassable layer to the middle of the Oreo design.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why would he add something that cannot be broken or mined?

As for large ships landing and not getting back out.. screw your size limit. Add more thrust!

Reaction score
    Glad to see yet another totally original idea! This hasn\'t actually been suggested before, well done! Also, I think there should be FTL, because that\'s never come up before either.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think the planets should remain a disk but have have terrain and gravity on both sides.

Reaction score
    Hi guys thought I’d share some productive shower ideas about square planets with ya.

(Wall of text incoming)

The way I see it is the planets should be on different maps (like the Nether) to make it easier to regulate gravity; day and night cycles as well as keeping future critters from falling off. This gives you more leeway as to what kind of planets you can have. You can choose a planet shape which will dictate how many plains your planet has, 2(like a sandwich), 4-5(like a pyramid), or 6 (like a square) depending on what you want them to look like from space. When entering the atmosphere or the edge of a plain within the planet you could be prompted with the decision to enter the world or new plain or stay where you are (with a cool down to avoid annoying battles). So instead of making an actual 3D planet you would have a single map planet (that looks 3D) that once entered will have multiple sub maps depending on how many sides the planet has. Basically planets will be a single map with as many sup maps as you have sides. The inability to dig through one plain to another could be explained by saying that you cannot travel through the core of the planet, giving the planet the illusion of size and fixing the “tunnelling through problem”. You would have to make the plains have impassible blocks on their bottoms but you could use your existing planets as the planes for the planet maps. You would traverse the different plains by approaching one of the far sides and then \"jumping\" to the next logical plain like rolling on a dice.

tl;dr

Planets should be like the Nether from Minecraft.

Portals

Gravity

Shapes/Dice

Atmosphere