A couple questions

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So my friends and I recently started playing starmade again, and a couple of questions have arisen:

1. My friends decided to be annoying and shot up a ship I was building a bit. They didn't actually destroy any blocks - they just damaged some of the hull. The damage is miniscule - I can't see the damaged blocks to replace them, but whenever I place and subsequently remove a block I lose more health. Is there a way to "heal" my ship and all of the damage done to it so I won't continue losing health whenever I delete blocks?

Note: Astrotech beams don't seem to do the job. They only appear to repair damaged blocks if you hit the block in question with the beam.

2. Is it possible to make a 360 degree constantly rotating section using rails and logic? I have a few ideas floating around in my head on this topic but I want to know if there's a surefire way to do it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1. Ship armour can be repaired at a shop. I don't think the astrotech beam fixes that as its the ships armour HP not block HP.

2. rotation tutorial. Easier than explaining.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Howdy, and welcome back.

1. That is due to the ship HP system. When your ship takes block damage it is deducted from your structure HP, and when your structure HP starts getting low it will hamper your power and thrust and eventually kick you out and overheat the ship. When you're not in combat you can reset your structure HP by pressing Y and starting a reboot sequence. This will recalculate the ship's current/maximum HP and allow you to continue using it without consequence.

2. Yes, very. This is most easily done by putting a button adjacent to a rotor and pressing C on the button and V on the rotor. Then dock what you want on the rotor and it should start automatically spinning. When it completes a rotation it will send a signal to the button which tells the rotor to start another rotation.