A couple of ideas for later stages of the game. Thank you all for Reading.

Reaction score
    First of all the planned shipyard feature (please remember this is my opinion and I am open to criticism):

• A lot of people have heard of or played the minecraft mod launcher Tekkit or feed the beast, I would like to take an idea out of the IC2 mod pack for how I think the shipyard should work.
    • My idea is the quarry but reversed, so instead of destroying blocks it would place them.
    • You would have to place a shipyard block and build some form of structure around it to set the size limit, you would then have to put in the desired blueprint, power the shipyard and supply it with the blocks it needs to create the ship.
    • I believe it should also have some form of docking mechanic, so that you could bring back your flagships from a large battle and instead of having to smooth out that space dent by hand, you dock your ship to the shipyard, select the blueprint of the ship, supply the blocks and power and it would repair your ship for you.
    • Now this would not be a fast process, in my opinion I think it should take maybe 2 seconds to place one block (maybe dependent on the power being supplied to the shipyard?)

I know shipyards had been talked about in this thread (http://star-made.org/content/shipyard-1) but I wanted to voice how I wanted it to look, perform and not have my comment lost on page 3 of that discussion.

Secondly, A quarry, or something similar. Reasoning for this, I want to mine an asteroid for it's ores. I also want to build my base but can't do both at the same time.

• Solution, a quarry (and ai's which I will come onto soon) that will mine the asteroid and put the block into a plex storage where I do not have to worry about them, unless pirates stop coming after me and start trying to starve my faction of resources.
    • again it would require power to operate and some form of base no matter if it's just a little platform with a plex storage and some power blocks on it.

AI improvements.

• Firstly I want to suggest some more options to the current AI GUI.

To the type option add; Cargo Ship and patrol ship.
    • add another section that sets the ship to go to say the shop in 2, 2, 2 and buy 300 grey hull. (So you could keep your shipyard going even when offline)
    • It could also be set to go and retrieve the items out of the plex storage module on your mining base,providing the plex storage is adjacent to the docking module for the ship.

[*]Secondly the patrol feature.

• Those aimlessly floating cannon fodder AI ships you set up for sector protection, wouldn't be pointless if they could patrol your sector in large swarms.

These would all be incredible additions to starmade but I am not a coder and I think the ai additions would be very difficult to code and add. If they happen, thank you schema.

Reaction score
    Is Incredible.

You fit every detail perfectly, i\'d actually love to see this in game.

And yes, a proper AI is always a pain in the ass to code

Reaction score
    so you want to have shipcommands like in the later xgames X² and upwards?

for working economy with trading and stuff.. sounds good for me ^^

example:

Ship a set to trade mode, buy grey hull at lowest price in a radius of 10 sectors and deliver to homebase (Station Z)

OR

Ship a get Ware from Station XY ( your mining base) and deliver to homebase (Station Z), wheras you have working miner ships which just mine asteroids in the sector and deliver to their homebase (Station XY)

Fighters could then given a order to escord the trading ship or the miners, or just to patrol...

this could be great ^^

Reaction score
    Bro, like, this. just.. this man.

A suggestion though.

if this is added, there should be an easy way to communicate with AI ships at long range, and like, save missions that you want them to do in like a mission catalogue. or something, because i wanna do stuff far away while my ships are mining n stuff, and i could call em over to help me or something

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The idea of the quarry is definitely something that I\'ve been wondering about, since it takes so long to mine asteroids.

Something that I have been thinking about, and I don\'t know if this is an idea that has already been discussed, is a way to traverse starsystems quickly. Sure some players can stay in one localised location but I prefer, and I\'m sure that there are a lot of other players like me as well, to spread out over a few systems. With standard traveling, this makes it very difficult to go between stations quickly. I would like to see some kind of warp gate, something that could be networked to travel quickly between locations. Something that could be built rather than discovered. Of course this kind of technology should be scaled for the size of the ship. I believe this kind of tech in the game would be a great boon to players.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    +1

but have u tried massive arrays of salvagers? Like say 99 x 99 wide and 30 blocks long becuz u can chew thru most astroids. (also having a 2nd layer behind the first to get everything

Reaction score
    You guys must be noobs. I have a friend who made a salvage ship so big he crashed, it was maybe 10 long, 700 wide and tall I made a rig that mined an asteroid in a second, you guys are just to lazy, ship yard is the only thing I support, and patrol, not your laziness cargo ship especcialy not quarry

Reaction score
    These ideas are really good, all of them, and Zovc please dont post on this thread ever again if you are just going to offend others. Nobody can explore, build, mine and defend from pirates at the same time so AI controlled ships will be really helpfull, and make the game more lively at the same time. It\'s always better to see other ships fly arround doing their jobs instead of seeing only emptyness wherever you go.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Especially if your turrets require reactor drain beams to work at full efficiency :D

I think we already have most required code because of the trade guild.

It just needs an abbort-patrol-and-attack command if it dedects hostiles. And stop moving while depleting/filling plex stores in nearby planets/stations (treat it like shop-available).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I miss X2+ Multiplayer and Linux support, but everything else is very good.

Money should be mostly limited through factory-storage-capacity and max factories per sector and sun system...

Reaction score
    Only in single player, but I do not support, set up turretsas for exploring, but I dont want to see lazy peoplesupplies. It would needto have a serious limit for me to accept. Maybe a limit of 1 block a minute, and cause on windoom, we use custom recipes, to prevent infanite chains. Amc requires 3 different stuff, which is same for everyone, if I break it down and make a chain and need rock, I would fine that helpful

Reaction score
    I have been playing a lot of Feed the beast and starmade recently and thought it would be good if I could have a base mining an asteroid while I was in another sector building the home base, although thinking about it this will probably cause lag among servers run off of normal user pcs with a lot of quarries around the universe keeping chunks loaded.

But this Brings me onto another thing I would love to see, rings. Like saturn and this is how I would picture it, if sectors are made larger maybe we could have lots of rocks moving the exact same path around the planet at the same speed so as to avoid collisions (and incredible lag spikes) or IF the size isn\'t increased have the rocks in the sectors that orbit the planet.

If lag was not an issue then I would suggest being able to put thrusters on one of these rocks and control it remotely. But Lag is an issue with collisions and I can see this feature being abused so I can\'t see it happening.

But thank you all for the support!

Reaction score
    I did suggest a limit and obviously on small ships this limit will not seem like much but for larger ships it would make a difference. I agree with ArgoContar, AI ships would make the game more lively but it would also make the fairly useless ai module we have now with three functions, attack, ship, turret, into something we might be able to use to swarm enemy ships as they enter the sector they were patrolling.

With the cargo ships can you not see how this would be useful, the patrol idea as well, when you go offline. no one could stay online 24/7 and while big servers may have a lot of people on all the time, there are ways it could still be useful having some automation.

Reaction score
    And the lag. I dont want to deal with patrol and transport ships, en masse lagging me out when I innocently want to go meet a friend. Turrets are for defence, and you cant be on 24/7 so just get alot of resources