A couple of frustrating features

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The following I would hope would not be hard to amend but they need changing asap.

1)
    Hitting "Backspace" by mistake in build and dropping full stacks.
    This is really annoying because most times you don't even realise that you have done it and a lot of work is lost.
    I myself have done this at least three times and know of other players that have.
    Losing a stack of 50k armour is soul destroying.

2)
    "Undock all"
    Resting all turrets, turning on and off turrets in the ship / station entity structure tab is a dangerous gamble as UNDOCK ALL is below and above those options!!!
    If you encounter lag at the wrong time or just click that button by mistake all your turrets will be undocked!!!!

It has been spoken about, both these options need to be moved on the GUI or at the very least have a second box requesting confirmation.

3)
    Radar Jammer

Currently the radar jammer even when active still sends a notice to other factions that you have entered their space.
    Two schools of thought:
    Should the jammer, as it removes you from the nav screen also not allow this warning?
    Or would this be overpowered as we know radar jammers unlike cloaking are easy to install on most ships?

What do you think?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    For 1) I have changed the binding to drop items, problem solved.

For 2) I agree. It'd be nice to have turning all AI turrets on/off as an item on the toolbar. Heck, it'd even be nice to have toolbar icons for individual turrets, too. We have 10 toolbars anyway, might as well use them. That way one could quickly turn one turret on/off (say, an energy demanding one), or turn them all on/off, etc., all done quickly and from the cockpit.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For 1) I have changed the binding to drop items, problem solved.

For 2) I agree. It'd be nice to have turning all AI turrets on/off as an item on the toolbar. Heck, it'd even be nice to have toolbar icons for individual turrets, too. We have 10 toolbars anyway, might as well use them. That way one could quickly turn one turret on/off (say, an energy demanding one), or turn them all on/off, etc., all done quickly and from the cockpit.
    That would be great, yeah. But it'd also help to, y'know, move the "undock all" button away from the other docking controls and turn it red...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Undock all is indeed terrifying.

Is there a key shortcut to activate/deactivate all AI yet? If not there really should be, sure it's been suggested a ton.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I have updated the orignal post to include Radar Jammers and so not add another thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I totally support a second "are you shure" message on undock all.
    I am always a little thrilled to use activate all ai because of that damn undock button.
    Btw. does this undock the last entity with the bobby ai or every raildock? I never saw a need to try that button out
    (who want's to loose all/any turrets anyway).
    Could it be that it only effets the old docks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Just tested..... Not good. Every turret undocked. the button works.
    PS Was in single player PHEW