Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Have AI for example:
    - Chase people and stay no further away than 1 km from the player
    - Not just sit at 10km and take pot shots
    - Spawn in random sectors a few sectors away from players to ambush them
    - They actually don't do this suicide tactic of taking on a 1 million block battleship with a 1000 block fighter

The current ai makes me want to cry sometimes.

It seemed to also be a little bit better in the previous versions of starmade

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    And there is the fact that if you give the AI a battleship, it will fly it just like a fighter....

Reaction score
    I too, would love a better AI to fight against. Make it a challenge, make me have to put short range weapons on my ship, not just long range missiles to take my opponent out from afar.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    im sure the AI will need to be updated when the thrust update happens. most ships will have a majority forward thrust so we might get actual dogfights rather then kiting matches

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol I fixed the movement with a push effect but the AI is still dumb as a rock. It needs to at least know how to use all the things given to it to use or at least it can use them. I've figured out when building an AI ship to make it so each weapon if needed has it's own AI controlling it. This way it can fire at several targets at once but also doesn't try to fire everything at once when not in range. The only issue is it causes lag due to multiple collision boxes.