9 over 10 fraction redundant. Ignore this.

Good idea?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Blank Lasers (Cannons, actually), Beams, Missiles and Pulses. For effect computers.

These would be used for Effect computers. A few uses:

Blank beam + Pull effect computer = ABDUCTION/TRACTOR BEAM! MUAHAAAA.

Blank cannon + EMP effect computer = actual non-damaging EMP blast. MAUAHAAHA.

Hmm...

Blank pulse + Ion effect computer = Ion pulse? Ehh...

Blank missile + overdrive effect computer = HELP MEH flare that won't kill everone?

Anyway, good for when you want to have a projectile/pulse/beam that does ONLY the effect attached.

Support?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Um, what?
    Push, pull and EMP exchange damage for force/energy-drain. if the effect is at 100% no damage is dealt.
    I don't understand what you want the ion pulse to do.
    I think overdrive is the wrong choice to make a SOS-flare(regardless of anything), since it amplifies damage on normal missiles.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Um, what?
    Push, pull and EMP exchange damage for force/energy-drain. if the effect is at 100% no damage is be dealt.
    I don't understand what you want the ion pulse to do.
    I think overdrive is the wrong choice to make a SOS-flare(regardless of anything), since it amplifies damage on normal missiles.
    I don't know too much about the new weapons system... :p

I had no idea. But how do you remove all damage from a beam?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can't make the beam do no damage but you can decrease it by linking it to a cannon computer to make so it does faster weaker pulses

Reaction score
    you can't make the beam do no damage but you can decrease it by linking it to a cannon computer to make so it does faster weaker pulses
    Well then! This idea prevails. Because some people would like a no-damage EMP blast. Pacifist?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I though emp effects directed the damage of the attack towards power blocks emp blast won't work with they do no damage unless you want to disable their power modules then I don't know how you are going to do that

Reaction score
    I though emp effects directed the damage of the attack towards power blocks emp blast won't work with they do no damage unless you want to disable their power modules then I don't know how you are going to do that
    Oh! Does a tractor beam, sorry, pull effect computer do that too? EMP didn't work though. I had a lot of EMP modules, an EMP effect computer, and 1 beam and 1 beam computer. Did damage. Was that actually to power!?

Reaction score
    It only works with a cannon, which is what I want. Also, I made a LOAD of push modules with a few cannon barrels. It does no damage (hoorah) but hardly pushes the test guinea pig. Should I use a beam?

Reaction score
    Hang on a mo'. I think that we should have no beams other than the damage beam, but instead of astrotech and the rest, we have an astrotech effect and salvage effect to attach to missiles etc! :D

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    100% effect means there are as many effect modules as weapon modules.
    And the push force depends on the damage, the beam would deal, if no effect would be attatched.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It only works with a cannon, which is what I want. Also, I made a LOAD of push modules with a few cannon barrels. It does no damage (hoorah) but hardly pushes the test guinea pig. Should I use a beam?
    For an optimal system have the same number of push modules and cannon barrels. You still get 0 damage, but a lot more force.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But I figured out that 3 single AMC barrels create more push than 5 linked :(
    Maybe just a temporary issue... I hope