50 km/hr speed limit in singleplayer?!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why can you only accelerate up to ~50 kilometers per hour in singleplayer sandbox with a ship? How can I change this setting, if it is a setting?

Reaction score
    You can change this setting as follows:

1. Go to your StarMade Folder
    2. open the file \"server.cfg\" with notepad++ or similar.
    3. search the entry \"THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT\"
    4. set the number behind the \"=\" to a value of your choice, but not too high! 75 for example.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Also, take into consideration that with 50 km/h you actually can move quite quickly gameplay-wise, it\'s just the units that are silly from the perspective of space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you go too quickly collision gets wonky. The game can probably only check to see if you collided with anything every frame or so, and if you can move a long distance between those frames you can probably end up too deeply embedded in something for the collision system to know what to do.

Reaction score
    Your frame rate should be your reference. play around for a day or two and use you lowest FPS as you maxximum possible speed. i usualy get around 600 FPS with a minimum of 370 or so (only when i am running a server) si i set max speed to around 150-200 just as a barrier. works perfectly find in single player, in multiplayer i set the server to 100-150 for my freinds.

Reaction score
    I was trying to fight pirates and trade faction with speed 100, but i couldn\'t hit anything. That is only reason i went back to 50. At least now it is possible to hit enemies with locked missiles, although still very difficult.

Reaction score
    Since this takes place in space, it would make sence that the unit would be km/s or km/m

Reaction score
    Close Starmade game and dedicated server, important that you do this first. Then open server.cfg and edit the speed limit. Start dedicated server and play...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was messing around and put my max speed to 1000

and i get to where i point in a flash and its just insane

You hit Everything