3rd person view!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello!

I have a simple suggestion; 3rd person view. It would be nice to be able to have a view of your ship while fighting. The shift scroll is pretty lame, you can't even aim with it. I was thinking maybe you could go into some kind of build mode where you fly around the ship and then you could lock the camera at the place you're are looking at. You could then see your entire ship while fighting mobs, which in my opinion would improve the feel of the game a lot!

I hope you will implement this feature. Bye.

/Aceface

Reaction score
    It would give us more flexibility and a better awareness of our surroundings

like, keep pressing W and look around. Now i\'m using build mode for looking around but the ship will
    become slower by doing so.

It would be nice for aiming your turrets as well.

Reaction score
    If only people actually looked at the controls they might learn something? I guess not...Press right shift and use the scroll wheel to zoom out. 3rd person.

Reaction score
    Indeed, the shift-zoom is impossible camera angle to aim at things. I don\'t know what it\'s for currently either - it can zoom out very far to sector view, but there is a separate \"camera\" mode for map.

???

Reaction score
    yeah it would be better if you had a 3rd person camera you could rotate

Reaction score
    When use the rigth shift and scroll to get to a third person view, you end up shooting behind your ship, which makes it nearly impossible to aim.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    did you try F11?

for me, it enables build mode style view, but only spectrating and moves your own ship as you move the camera.

It would be good to have 6 keys assigned to 6 cockpits in different directions.

Reaction score
    In relation to the Build Mode slowing down you can change that in the server.cfg

PHYSICS_LINEAR_DAMPING = 0.09 //how much object slow down naturally (must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no slowdown
    PHYSICS_ROTATIONAL_DAMPING = 0.09 //how much object slow down naturally (must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no slowdown

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Pressing the left shift will allow you to zoom out with the mouse wheel. Pressing and holding the right ship will allow you to rotate your view around the ship.
    Pressing left AND right shift AT THE SAME TIME will lock your view in orbital mode, no need to hold the right shift. You can zoom out by pressing and holding left shift while zooming out. To get out of this view just tap the right shift.

Note: you can\'t turn while in this view since the mouse is used to rotate the camera around the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, and it\'s orbital. We could use a chase cam instead. Rshift = zoom, Lshift = unlock chase cam,