Bug 30 FPS drop

Reaction score
    when i was playing starmade i noticed when i look at a ship or a shop, (i think any structure. but im not sure)
    the game goes from 60 fps to 30 fps!!! i used to play this game fine till this happend, i don't know whats causing this... but i hope this can be fixed, does anyone have a solution?

memory: 8gb
    processor: intel core 17-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz x 8
    graphics: intel Haswell mobile
    OS type: 64-bit

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    dear lord,nice pc!
    EDIT* i have no idea what is causing this problem
    try turning off oclusion culling in settings.cfg

Reaction score
    dear lord,nice pc!
    ok[DOUBLEPOST=1416973121,1416972301][/DOUBLEPOST]
    dear lord,nice pc!
    did not seem to work :([DOUBLEPOST=1416974391][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Did you try turning off vsync and set limit frame rate to 60? should more or less give you the same result. Vsync auto switches to 30 fps if it can't handle the 60 fps (it is also accompanied with a big performance drop).

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have noticed the same issue with out vsync, especially while viewing the section of a shop with the npc in it.

Reaction score
    Did you try turning off vsync and set limit frame rate to 60? should more or less give you the same result. Vsync auto switches to 30 fps if it can't handle the 60 fps (it is also accompanied with a big performance drop).
    it has nothing to do with vsync... it happens when i'm near a ship core and it drops REALLY badly when i'm at a planet

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    it has nothing to do with vsync... it happens when i'm near a ship core and it drops REALLY badly when i'm at a planet
    More blocks will make your game slower. Put your max segments drawn at 1000 and see if you still get that problem. Also make sure that you turned shadows off. I wouldn't rexommend turning antialias off when you are using 256 or 128, because it makes it look a lot better, but it is worth trying. But this isn't the games fault. The lag with planets, however, might be.

Also, be sure to set the light ray count to 16. It doesn't matter a lot, but it will make loading a lot faster.

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, i can view a huge asteroid no problem, or any other part of a shop, but as soon as the habitable area comes into view (where the npc lives) -30fps. Fps return as soon as i look somewhere else so i don't think its a 'max segments drawn' issue, at least not if that equates to view distance as the tool tip states. I've also noticed that, for whatever reason, it's 3-4fps worse while viewing the above section from a ship core, as opposed to viewing it as Dave.

Reaction score
    Well, i can view a huge asteroid no problem, or any other part of a shop, but as soon as the habitable area comes into view (where the npc lives) -30fps. Fps return as soon as i look somewhere else so i don't think its a 'max segments drawn' issue, at least not if that equates to view distance as the tool tip states. I've also noticed that, for whatever reason, it's 3-4fps worse while viewing the above section from a ship core, as opposed to viewing it as Dave.
    yea my max segments were always at 250, so what else do you think is the problem?