3 new movement blocks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was told they are planned, and I'm hoping they are as good as my ideas (or better).. Here's what I was thinking.

-pivot block, useful as a hinge, axle, motor, etc. It would have a single axis of rotation, and blocks would rotate round it according to where on the block they are placed. Would have the ability to set resistance 0-1, or movement forward or backward.
    -Piston block. Would extend out to 5 blocks. Can be stacked to make longer extensions. Can be used to actuate swinging doors on hinges, elevators, etc... Would have the ability to have a numbered input to extend from 1-5. Will extend 2 blocks per second, making each additional stacked piston increase speed accordingly.
    -Rail. Useful for making trains, sliding doors, moving turrets, etc. in conjunction with the piston block. Would slide freely when no signal is input, locking on only blocks where there is a signal.

We'll also need a new logic block to take advantage of movement.
    -Detector block. This block would mimic the state of any block that moves within it's range. This would help time machinery, or just help create better logic gates. Would have a momentary option as well.

The combination of these three would be capable of making almost anything imaginable, from robot arms, to cranes, from functioning sliding doorways to rotating shield plates.

I implore you not to require separate entities for each moving part.
    movement block ideas.png

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh hell yes, I'd also like to see something to make proper rails. So maybe perhaps just have a certain block "snap" onto the rail ans glide on it (just tossing ideas out there, I have no idea if this could be implemented or not.

Trains, elevators, sliding doors, you name it!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh hell yes, I'd also like to see something to make proper rails. So maybe perhaps just have a certain block "snap" onto the rail ans glide on it (just tossing ideas out there, I have no idea if this could be implemented or not.
    We're of the same mind.

I was thinking that too.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I LIKE TRAINS! *the jagged edges of planets are somehow squashed by an entirely unexpected and uncalled-for train hurdling by at reckless speeds*

Yeah, trains would be great on planets. I can also see the rails becoming the new elevator since plexlifters only go one way, glitch out and drop you, etc. The only thing is, the trains could only go around on one plate unless you could somehow jump them from one plate to another which would be insane...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I envision a specialized "stretchy" block that only works when two unconnected blocks are within a certain distance in a different orientation. This would help trains a bit. Yes, the pistons, rails, and even pivot blocks could be used in place of plex lifts, which is why they need to improve plex lift logic functionality. What if instead of rails, we used something similar to the colorful connections between logic blocks as a cable line for a car.? It would be a lot like a cable car that carries you up mountains? That might solve the multiple plate issue.

Reactions: YellowMiner
    Reaction score
    All off this please.
    While we're at it my turret suggestion (ignored by the devs for forever) uses your suggestion, why not support it? :D