3-man Mining Outpost

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Not sure if this goes into "shipyard" exactly, but there's no other better fit.

I have created my first purpose-built mining outpost and released it as a downloadable sment.

It features a single ribbed docking hangar large enough to fit SVG Excavator in it, a 3 person habitation facility, drone control wing, flashing installation lights and beacon, 1x docked WDU, all entrances are fully airlocked.

I've been playing the game for a bit over a month now, I still only command one single sector, but I've wiped out a couple of pirate bases and I'm on the way to getting a decent fleet set up. I want to role play it rather than just producing big bad-ass ships and such, as I get more enjoyment from a game like this by imagining lore and back-story and following it through.

Drone control facility is isolated from the main hangar and habitation facility to enable better broadcast and reception between it and drones out harvesting asteroids.

Three person bunk room with individual consumables combinators, storage facilities and a shared video entertainment system.

Personnel entrance is smaller than the cargo-bay entrance.

Cargo bay holds 3 cargo pods and a few miscellaneous packages, as well as a storage box with some repair and maintenance supplies inside.

Modular design allows for easy upgrades and modifications. Nav lights and docking systems are all wired into the main habitation facility, and blink in a realistic way to alert nearby vessels.

I hope you like my mining post, and feel free to scatter a few instances of it throughout your own sectors as eye candy. I aim to release many other similar props and vessels and such.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiC! I'll maybe use it as a base on a server some day
    Thanks aceface! It's a very small station to use as a base, but it's a good seed to start a station from and then add bits and pieces over time.

yeah, looks great! good work, keep it going.
    I will, thank you! I just can't stop playing this awesome game... I can't wait until the AI is improved so things like orders to units can be given and such, it'll be unreal.