[256x/128x] Sphax SpaceBDcraft [WIP]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    SpaceBDcraft for StarMade

Download

Download over on the Community Content section!

Preview
    I moved all screenshots to the community content section, please feel free to check it out there.

Credits
    Please head on over to the original Sphax website and show some support

Please note that not all textures are created by me, as this pack uses Sphax assets as well as assets sourced from other Sphax mod patches.
    Assets were used from multiple MC patch sources in order to save my brain from melting, so if i unfortunately missed anyone that i used parts of textures from i apologise.

- Sphax - base textures
    - Hanfox - AE2, Better Foliage, ExtrabiomesXL, Thermal Expansion, IC2
    - Sparkst3r - ComputerCraft
    - Sillyman34 - Thaumcraft

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Nice one, good to see some more texture packs on the forums :)

Adding it to the forums community content section may help increase exposure / allow ratings if you're interested.
    If you'd like to add emissive (glow) / specular maps to the pack, i'd be happy to PM a quick outline of how the channels are set up for it.

Reaction score
    I like the cartoony look of it. I definitely think you should add this to the community section. This like one of the only up to date texture packs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you'd like to add emissive (glow) / specular maps to the pack, i'd be happy to PM a quick outline of how the channels are set up for it.
    thatd be awesome dude, i've never have to use specular and glowmaps before so any info would be great!

ive also added it to the community section (y)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh yes, you, sir are a genius. Best texture pack for Minecraft for the best space game.

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    man this will def get the yogscast back to this game
    i love BDcraft!

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    BDcraft looks surprising good in Starmade. Who knew!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I miss the old days when there were multiple texture packs out there...

Glad to see we have at least 1 around again. (y)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh man, BDCraft!

I've been waiting for this! Couldn't play Minecraft without it!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you all for the support

Just threw in an update today fixing a few errors, as my work schedule over the next month is kinda hectic so i wont have much free time.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    SpaceBDcraft for StarMade
    Issues I have with it:

1) Seamless textures are now seamed. I use standard armor for many things because it is seamless. None of the new hull/armor block textures tile seamlessly. This is a very big issue for me, and this alone renders the entire pack unusable for me.

2) The various glowing crystals are using a flat texture that don't make them look like a light source. Considering I use crystals decoratively in a lot of places, thats a problem. They are also not consistent, ice crystals and the other crystals are using two completely different textures, with Ice Crystals just re-using the ice texture with some emission.

3) Very different color shades. I use brown hull a lot as a wood stand-in. The brown hull here is much darker and much less saturated, making it look like mud instead.

4) Lava doesn't tile. It has very obvious boarders that make each block stand out instead of blending together.

5) Circuits no longer seamlessly tile transparent. I use circuits for a lot of things like displays, and the boarders ruin that.

6) Display Computers aren't computers, they're just blocks with that same symbol on them.

So yeah, as much as I had wanted this, I can't use it. I mean, just look at the difference between these shots:

starmade-screenshot-0000.png starmade-screenshot-0001.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1)Unfortunately that's the style of Sphax packs, there has always been a recognizable look to every block, and metallic blocks have always had this "not perfectly flushed" look for years.

2) Crystals need a little work, but mainly only with normals/emissive maps. Again it's a style thing of the pack itself, and could have been worse if I has used the default Sphax texture as a base;
    Anyway it seems yeah the Ice crystal was a simple error that I overlooked and one that I'll fix.

3) Sphax has a pretty unique color palette, especially when it comes to metallic blocks and I'm still toying with it to get it perfect, but most likely it still won't be the "old" palette that you're used to unfortunately.

4) I used the newest Sphax Lava texture instead of the older one, which I was already going to swap over

5) I plan the remove the Borders on the circuits, they are seamless without them. The "wires" themselves won't get any smaller, or more cluttered though, as that's not the style

6) I'm hoping to change them up a little sometime, but without sounding like a parrot it is hard to get the detail that i want in a minimalist-styled look like Sphax's
    One of the only computer blocks previously in Sphax;
    computerFrontOnAdvanced.png

TL:DR - Sphax has a specific minimal cartoon-ish design and although there are still errors that i need to iron out, it's base style is VERY different to what starmade fans are used to. I'm well aware that this style/look isn't for everyone, but I never claimed it to be so.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Sorry Edymnion this pack just isn't for you. Personally it's not my tastes either but it's still a good pack. Maybe you'd be better off trying to revive DirtySpace yourself Edy. ;)