20,000+ Ping

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So, I've been playing on this server, "Voidmade", for a good couple of weeks now. I've never had any issues before. But just today, I noticed sharp decrease in performance. And by that, I mean the metaphorical gameplay equivalent of falling off a cliff. Now just a couple minutes after logging in and going about my work, I'll severe lag. When I hold tab to check the connection of all the other players, I saw that my ping was at several different times upwards of 20,000. o_O

But nobody else seemed to be having issues. Everyone else's values were less than 200. After my game freezing up nearly completely, I exited out, and logged in to ask just to confirm (I couldn't get a message out). And of course, nobody else noticed any sort of problem.

I've been periodically checking back to see if it's still bad, and it is. Less than 5 minutes into the game my ping skyrockets.

I've noticed no other indication of why this would be the case. My internet speed doesn't seem to be any different. I can still stream videos with the same speed and quality as before. The only thing that appeared to be different today was that there were more people on than usual. But even still, nobody else seemed to notice a problem.

I tried on another server, and for 10 minutes I haven't noticed any problems.

So, does anybody know why this might be the case, and what I could do to fix it? I'd really like there to be an easy fix, but of course, there never is, and I'm not smart enough to learn how all this stuff works. Any ideas, advice, explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Try running a tracert to the servers IP. Sounds like it might be bad routing if no one else is having the issue and its working fine on other servers.

Also check for anything in the sector that could be causing issues

Try connecting under a new name to prompt a spawn at spawn, so that you can see if it is an issue with the account.