2 things. Disruption weapon. Cloak/Jam draining less on smaller mass.

Reaction score
    Cloak/Jam draining less on smaller mass.

"- A way to make cloaking and jamming useful. But more importantly: a way to make small fighters stand a fighting chance against overpowered titans."

I really think jam/cloak should be made a bit more available for smaller ships, and drain hulls much less with the ham/cloak active. That would make smaller ships alot more vital in a fight due to their survivability/hit&run.

How to do it:

One way to do it would be to make the mass matter with the jam/cloak drainage. "Just" put an formula that takes the mass into the account. The bigger size, the harder it'll be to make jam/cloak because of it's increased drainage.

Disruption weapon.

"- 'Disruption'. A way for the larger ships to fight back at the cloak/jam fighter ships. Due to the proposed change i suggested above, this ability will be needed to balance it out."

There should be a wide area pulse weapon, perhaps named "Disruption", which shuts down cloaking within 1000 meters from the ship(the area is counted from the coords at the spot where the weapon was fired) that uses it. And it should require lots and lots of energy - so that one doesn't make 20 smaller docked ships with one on each. These "Disruption" weapons should only be possible for the huge ships.

How to do it:

One way to do the "Disruption" available for only the bigger sized ships would be to make them require "200 000 000 e" to fire one shot. Thus, the bigger ships with 1 000 000 e/sec would be able to fire one "Disruption" shot per 200 sec.

One could make the weapon charge up just like Shields do.

Sidenote: Heat seeking missiles could also act as an defence against cloak/jammed targets.

Reaction score
    Larger Massed ships already have a tough time Cloacking/Radar Jamming. It costs 1000 regeneration per block per second. On a 20k massed ship, that will require 20m regeneration, which I would find funny to exist.

and 200 MILLION energy to fire ONE shot? To protect from something that SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KILL A MOTHERSHIP?

What\'s wrong here? Because it\'s obviously not the fact that a Fighter should be able to take down an entire ship that would appear synonymous to a station. No. That would be ridiculous.

Reaction score
    Apparently our opinions differ concering how long a fighter should be able to survive against an much bigger ship.

If you take the bigger ships shields into consideration the smaller ship(s) stand no chance against a couple of well placed spinning turrets, turrets which are target shooting non-stop with 1k dmg per shot and one helluva reload/speed/range.

As it stands, you are encouraged to build as big and packed as you can. Which getts pretty boring when everyone flies around with titans/battleships. I want to put more focus unto the battling, and not have Size vs. Size battles, where the bigger(most e/sec,shield,AMC packed) is 99% likely to win. I like the space shoter aspect of the game, why not make the flying maneuvering matter more?

A crew of 10 small fighter ships should, in my opinion(which i\'m certainly not forcing you to agree with) - with some flying skills - be able to out maneuver a larger target. And stand a chance of winning.

\"and 200 MILLION energy to fire ONE shot? \"

Yes. If you think ahead and think about the potential exploit which would exist if this weapon had a small energy cost.

I explained in my text that these weapon should require 20 \"MILLION\" energy because of the potential to exploit docked smaller ships. One could dock 5 smaller ships which would be equiped with \"Disruption\" weapons. Then they\'d just enter the ships, one at a time, and fire 5 shots in a row.

20 mill energy takes just 200 seconds for an ship with 1 mill e/sec (which is reaaally easy to get with larger ships.. Of course, the delay could be changed form 200 seconds to tiny 50 seconds by just demanding 50 mill energy per shot. That\'s for Schema to decide.). Just like shields charge up, so could these \"Disruption\" charge up.

With 20 000 000 e per shot, only the larger ships will be available to use these weapons - a consequence of this is that bigger ships also gets an special role to play - except blowing up planets, or sitting still while the turrets are nuking by themselves.

Small sidenote: I don\'t know if it\'s possible, but if it were, one could put an delay of 10 seconds on all \"Disrupted\" ships. So that they couldn\'t cloak again before the 10 sec delay was gone.

It costs 1000 regeneration per block per second. On a 20k massed ship, that will require 20m regeneration, which I would find funny to exist.

I, myself, see no point in a 20k mass ship having cloak/jam.

But besides my opinion, you have to take into consideration that i also said i wanted the jam/cloak energy drainage changed, so that smaller ships can use it more wisely and often. So that would change the drainage numbers and the result wouldn\'t be the same as it is right now. How much the mass will affect the rise/decrease in drainage is up to Schema to decide. He could just make it so that mass affected ships up to 500 mass, higher then that and the drainage would be as it is right now - with not consideration to mass.

Cloak+Jam is a fun feature combo, it\'s sad that most often only some ugly \"mosquito\" ships without hull can make use of their combo.