2 Questions, 1 logic based, and 1 PD Turret based...

Reaction score
    First the logic question, is it possible to have something in your hotbar that can send a logic signal somewhere else in your ship? My ship has broadside missiles on both sides and I'd like to be able to fire them both at the same time without them taking up 2 slots in my hotbar (one group fires to the left, the other to the right).

My second question is how effective are anti missile turrets? Those broadside missiles I mentioned fire 2,400 missiles and since I have 2 groups that's actually 4,800. If say an opposing ship had... I don't know 50 anti missile turrets would it be able to shoot all of those down without any of them scoring a hit? Also do missiles die instantly when shot or do they have health equal to their damage?

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    1. I do not believe that is possible to do yet but if you do not care you could have both broadside cannons in one group (attached to one pc) otherwise you need to work with it and have it use two spots in the hotbar
    2. that would depend on the server's max speed, which kind of missiles are fired at you, the servers AI accuracy, and how many. I believe point defence turrets can be effective if you have enough of them shooting at the missiles. you should defiantly be able to take out nukes as they are very slow.

Reaction score
    Those 4,800 missiles are heatseekers (default speed), and my main weapons are missile/cannon/explosive. I'm not a fan of the missile/beam or missile/pulse combos as they take way too long to reload.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Those 4,800 missiles are heatseekers (default speed), and my main weapons are missile/cannon/explosive. I'm not a fan of the missile/beam or missile/pulse combos as they take way too long to reload.
    Be careful around allies with those. and I guess this is about the broadside, question 1?

Reaction score
    No I meant how hard would it be for an opposing ship to shoot down those 4,800 heatseekers. The idea behind my ship is those heatseeker are meant to take out small fighters/bombers/turrets, but also act as screen to distract anti missile turrets from shooting down my main missile weapon's missiles as they're the real damage dealers. Don't know of any easy way to test this though.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No I meant how hard would it be for an opposing ship to shoot down those 4,800 heatseekers. The idea behind my ship is those heatseeker are meant to take out small fighters/bombers/turrets, but also act as screen to distract anti missile turrets from shooting down my main missile weapon's missiles as they're the real damage dealers. Don't know of any easy way to test this though.
    ahhh
    well that would be pretty hard as accuracy of AI is kinda bad and with the amount of missiles.
    so you will probably hit with most of those missiles.
    well you could test it via making a "ship" with a couple of hundred PD turrets

Reaction score
    Now I know that the difficulty level increases the accuracy of the AI and currently I have it set to mean, but still not sure as to how much of a difference that might make. Also I play on a private server with friends and we all have faction blocks on our ships, and we've never had any problem with our heatseekers hitting each other. Heatseekers only seem to target neutrals and pirates, and if there's only us and nothing else they just fly around randomly till they disappear.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Now I know that the difficulty level increases the accuracy of the AI and currently I have it set to mean, but still not sure as to how much of a difference that might make. Also I play on a private server with friends and we all have faction blocks on our ships, and we've never had any problem with our heatseekers hitting each other. Heatseekers only seem to target neutrals and pirates, and if there's only us and nothing else they just fly around randomly till they disappear.
    Heatseakers does not hit ships with faction blocks that are in your faction but they sill hit other factions you are allied with.

Heatseakers should target anything that is not in your faction

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hotbar logic workaround: Place a logic activator next to a dock block. Put that particular dock block in your hotbar.

If you have lots of dock blocks, it may take some time to test and find the correct dock block. (I have not yet figured out how to determine exact blocks based on their location coordinates or other information.)

Reaction score
    Hotbar logic workaround: Place a logic activator next to a dock block. Put that particular dock block in your hotbar.

If you have lots of dock blocks, it may take some time to test and find the correct dock block. (I have not yet figured out how to determine exact blocks based on their location coordinates or other information.)
    Please explain how this is possible, I'm experiencing some difficulties, explanation below.

After reading your post I got all excited that docking blocks can now actually be entered into the hotbar. Started the game and entered the core of the ship I;m currently building and was able to actually place a fixed docking block on my hotbar. So I quickly installed a cannon computer and one barrel (ship had no system computers installed at that time) and hit 't' to place the cannon computer on the hotbar also only to find that the docking block was now removed from the hotbar and no long able to be placed there even after removing all system blocks from the ship. Tab+F6, still no-joy. Re-started game and was again able to place dock into hot bar, but installing any system computer kicks dock from hotbar.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You need to put an activation block next to the physical docking point, which will be active while something is docked and then lose its charge when undocked.

Also, 4800 swarm missiles is going to piss off a lot of server admins. Tone it down for a better effect. And no, there is next to zero likelyhood that PD turrets could hit anywhere near that many missiles. PD is good against beam or pulse missiles, not swarms.

Reaction score
    You need to put an activation block next to the physical docking point, which will be active while something is docked and then lose its charge when undocked.

Also, 4800 swarm missiles is going to piss off a lot of server admins. Tone it down for a better effect. And no, there is next to zero likelyhood that PD turrets could hit anywhere near that many missiles. PD is good against beam or pulse missiles, not swarms.
    I know how to integrate logic with docking blocks, I want to know how to get docking blocks to be placed into the hot bar with the other system computers, they show up on the list but are un-able to be placed onto the hotbar.