1km StarGate for Server Hosts

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I finished wedging the Titan Gate last night. Since it's so large, and so few people actually NEED a gate this large, I'll only be making it privately available to server hosts. If you want to have this prefabricated gate on your server, leave a message here and I'll PM you with the download. It's fairly plain, and so very customizable for your server. It's also a great way to start a central WarpGate hub.

It's got everything you'll need - a faction block, undeathinator, build block, warp computer, and shop.

Reaction score
    I don't see why you're not making this publicly available. People have made huge ships before much larger than this project and have made it public? Especially seeing as it's so plain, people could easily replicate it.

*EDIT of wait a minute do you mean filesize?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't see why you're not making this publicly available. People have made huge ships before much larger than this project and have made it public? Especially seeing as it's so plain, people could easily replicate it.
    Sure they can.

Sure they can.

Who's gonna build a thousand meter stargate when they don't need one? What server admin do you know will let you buy said stargate knowing that you damn well don't need it?

That's the point. It's not supposed to be a common thing. It probably wouldn't be anyway, but I know enough folks on MFleet who are either crazy enough or immature enough to want to spawn this wherever they can get away with it.

In addition, I haven't seen a ship yet that won't fit through this gate. It has enough power storage to jump a 7m mass ship, and that can be increased rather simply. It's unique, no way around it. Thus, I'm letting the server admins use it because they are the ones keeping the servers stable, for the most part. Giving them control of what could possibly be a source of lag on the server can only be positive.

Reaction score
    Sure they can.

Sure they can.

Who's gonna build a thousand meter stargate when they don't need one? What server admin do you know will let you buy said stargate knowing that you damn well don't need it?

That's the point. It's not supposed to be a common thing. It probably wouldn't be anyway, but I know enough folks on MFleet who are either crazy enough or immature enough to want to spawn this wherever they can get away with it.

In addition, I haven't seen a ship yet that won't fit through this gate. It has enough power storage to jump a 7m mass ship, and that can be increased rather simply. It's unique, no way around it. Thus, I'm letting the server admins use it because they are the ones keeping the servers stable, for the most part. Giving them control of what could possibly be a source of lag on the server can only be positive.
    Agree with some of it, but you're wayyyy underestimating the development community there. They are used to gigantism, Freud would have a field day with some of them.

People will see your post and take it a a challenge: I'm gonna make a 30o sector squared Stargate for 100 sector cube ship! (jk)

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Agree with some of it, but you're wayyyy underestimating the development community there. They are used to gigantism, Freud would have a field day with some of them.

People will see your post and take it a a challenge: I'm gonna make a 30o sector squared Stargate for 100 sector cube ship! (jk)
    But that's the point.

Bigger and better, I say. But I don't personally see the need for it.

It took me four days of 12+ hours of work to get this thing done. Larger rings will multiply that work by many times.

Also, welcome to capitalism XD

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If I could, I would enable: power drain = radius^3 * distance^2 + activation cost = 10 seconds :p

BTW: I made a km gate too. has a shape made of 8 lines and took me 1 hour with double-mirror mode. Who needs circles? :p

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If I could, I would enable: power drain = radius^3 * distance^2 + activation cost = 10 seconds :p

BTW: I made a km gate too. has a shape made of 8 lines and took me 1 hour with double-mirror mode. Who needs circles? :p
    Professionals. Professionals use circles :D

Reaction score
    Are there even any ships that wouldn't fit through a 500m one? Even the 1km long ships are usually only 250m wide.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Too lazy for that. rather prefer playing on a server with lower sized ships :p

How much power does it need? I guess with (1000+1000) *2 * 100power = 400k power in the new dev (rather cheap).
    But in this dev 1 power tank can support 100 blocks on a ship.

Because of docked power tanks, the only way to stop big ships seems to be diminishing returns on power-storages.

Are there even any ships that wouldn't fit through a 500m one? Even the 1km long ships are usually only 250m wide.
    You only have to get through with your core (and in case of planet-gates) there has to be no obstacle behind, thus you have to build planet-gates on mount Everest.

I think @Inspired2150 built a 6km ship on a server without blueprints. Maybe 500m, or even 1000m wide?
    But the new crafting system should prevent that

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Too lazy for that. rather prefer playing on a server with lower sized ships :p

How much power does it need? I guess with (1000+1000) *2 * 100power = 400k power in the new dev (rather cheap).
    But in this dev 1 power tank can support 100 blocks on a ship.

Because of docked power tanks, the only way to stop big ships seems to be diminishing returns on power-storages.
    It doesn't really need any power - the regen takes care of the gate block base drainage - it's the 3.5 billion storage that allows it to transport 7e6 mass ships.

I originally built this to hold Skylord's Death Star, which is (I think) 800m ^3

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    "no ship couldn't fit through that gate"

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    "no ship couldn't fit through that gate"

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
    I double-checked your titan's measurements before making that statement, just so you know :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I double-checked your titan's measurements before making that statement, just so you know :D
    lol, just know that I'd be way too lazy to turn it if I happened to arrive at the gate sideways. I'd probably just jam a tip in it and use it as leverage to turn faster :P (Or just make AN EVEN BIGGER GATE!!!)

Note: not happening any time soon

Reaction score
    I finished wedging the Titan Gate last night. Since it's so large, and so few people actually NEED a gate this large, I'll only be making it privately available to server hosts. If you want to have this prefabricated gate on your server, leave a message here and I'll PM you with the download. It's fairly plain, and so very customizable for your server. It's also a great way to start a central WarpGate hub.

It's got everything you'll need - a faction block, undeathinator, build block, warp computer, and shop.

[doublepost=1492913079,1492912521][/doublepost]hi im making a cool server that will be an role playing server and each fraction will have to be a part of the sci fi universe like star trek, star wars, stargate, and halo. if you still have this i would like used this in my server. i will give you all the credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    probably best to just make one yourself at this point. Mered4 might not even have it after over two years, and then there could be changes in configs that leave it ineffective