Bug 189996 patch - Can't play / game hangs at spawn

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I've played for about two months total with no major technical issues.

I installed v.189996 today and have not been able to play. I've done multiple re-boots of my rig, tried fresh alternate names, tried on 6 servers and cant spawn even in my own sandbox.

The game just hangs at spawn, swirling round and round and round forever. I've let it "load" over 10 minutes like this a couple times. No spawn dialog displays, but I can see the spawning area. There is a smallish, square graphic glitch in the upper-left corner of the screen that says Desktop. It does let me chat, and someone on Redshift said I wasn't the first person having this problem since the update.

I have not had this problem before installing the 189996 update, even spawning at my large homebase on my favorite server with 20 ships docked. I just can't play now.

I will attempt re-installing the game and update this thread with the result.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425623205,1425622422][/DOUBLEPOST]After a force re-instal & reboot I had the same result.

But I can play now - this is just a graphic bug. By clicking randomly a few times in the bad graphics corner I uncovered a trapped, mini spawn dialog there and am now able to spawn normally with only this minor graphic bug, which goes away after spawning :)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    are you able to supply graphcisinfo.txt and a log.txt file (both in /Starmade/logs) from a succesful start and your settings.cfg (in /starmade)?
    and maybe a screenshot so we know how it looks ?
    Use Upload File here if possible