16x16 holes in ships and player home bases?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok Im having this bug on 2 servers now, one is a public server the other is my own personal server. on the public server it was happening all the time almost daily we would login and find 16x16 squares missing out of our base then it spread to our ships docked at the station so a couple of us had left that server for awhile and tried to see if it was just that server.. so we made a server and have been playing on it a good bit for about 3 weeks now and just today it started happening. I TPed to my buddy who was online and when it loaded in his base it had a hole and one of his turrets when flying off... then as i moved closer to his base his turret reset back to where it was supposed to be but the docking pole it was on was missing and the whole was still in his base.. I imediately left the sector and before i could say anything he logged off and then jumped into TeamSpeak so i asked him to get back into the game to see if he sees what i saw.. he confirmed..

the private server only has 5 people playing on it max. on prebuild .111 and is hosted externally (as in im not hosting the server at my house)

the Public server has quite a lot of traffic on it. and Im pretty sure they are on prebuild .132 or .133

im curious if anyone else has been having this issue and if anyone knows the cause and a way to fix it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Basically, loading errors. This seems to have been mitigated for the most part in the latest prebuild.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It seems to happen at random, and the chunks never come back.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    please do not assume a version, check it in the launcher, then report back again, thanks. =)

Some of these errors got fixed in the 0.12*s\', another on on the 0.13*s\'.

Up to now I only know of them being \'client sided missing chunks\' happening very rarely. (On 0.133+)
    Logout, and login again should make them come back.
    Those only go into the blueprints or other objects while saving a blueprint on a not fully loaded object so far.

So version is essential, also the settings about:
    DEBUG_SEGMENT_WRITING and
    FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION

Thank you.
    - Andy