16-bit Star-Made?

Reaction score
    I'm not trying to take a dump on the latest Star-Made update, but I have been wanting to ask this for a while. I was wondering if there could possibly be a way that textures could be modified to be fit into 16-bit or 32-bit, or 128-bit kind of ways. I am currently only able to play Star-Made on my crap-top, so if I am able to have a 16-bit texture pack, that would really boost my fps by at least 30 fps.

If you don't understand what I just said up there, basically I want something similar to the Minecraft texture-pack system where you can use 32-pixel texture packs, or HD texture packs and whatnot. I would like that in Star-Made.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    sure, you can modify the files in StarMade/data/textures/block to fit your taste. Be sure to leave the dimensions power of 2 though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am unsure of how to make the pack into a 32 bit or 16 bit texture pack, do I have to use editing software to change all of the images? as far as I know that wouldn\'t make it into a lower res pack, it would simply make it appear to be lower res. I googled a bit and looked through forums, but didn\'t find a way to make a lower resolution texture pack and nobody has made a low-res pack for updated starmade.

Thanks in advance, if there is a how-to that I didn\'t find please throw me a link :)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This thread is 10 months old.

Please do not necrobump.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    found it googling, didn\'t notice that it was so old. I looked at the date they had last been seen and thought it was the date they posted on accident, and assumed it was for the latest update. Sorry about that.