1500m Jumpgate!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just a small update - I may create a series of jumpgates, ranging from 100m to 2,000m with the same basic design.

I'm thinking:

100m
    250m
    500m
    2,000m

These gates will have the same basic design and features. They will come in different sizes :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds like a good idea.

I'd appreciate something that a titan can fly into freely without worrying about breaking the server from collision lag.

Then again, this gate is already big enough to fit 99% of ships in star made sideways, unless someone makes a death star or finds an effective way to launch a fleet through it, we won't see it used to capacity any time soon :P

(That said, with Schema improving stuff here and there with every update, ships get bigger... with every update - you never know)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tomino's MK30 probably is the only ship that appricates the size of that right now. However, by the time this game launches, this will probably be small.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The MK30 (or whatever it's being called now) is about 2KM long and probably has a head that's about 800m by 800m. Once you've seen one hailstorm you've seen most of all of them.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not to be insistent or anything. Here's the Titan Gate I finished about a week and a half ago.
    1000m in Diameter. More than enough for any ship created in starmade, ever. Even the ridiculous 1:1 builds can jump through this.

And it's simple. It also carries the 3.5 billion power storage necessary to warp a 7mil mass ship. Less lag, more warp.

I love that someone is trying to beat me. Keep going and I;ll have to build a 3000m gate just for kicks :D

Reactions: SapioiT and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Not to be insistent or anything. Here's the Titan Gate I finished about a week and a half ago.
    1000m in Diameter. More than enough for any ship created in starmade, ever. Even the ridiculous 1:1 builds can jump through this.

And it's simple. It also carries the 3.5 billion power storage necessary to warp a 7mil mass ship. Less lag, more warp.

I love that someone is trying to beat me. Keep going and I;ll have to build a 3000m gate just for kicks :D
    I already know a ship, that won't fit. It isn't fully built yet though.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor

I doubt Vengeance would fit, Nacelles and engineering hull would probably catch on the edges.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You don't have to doubt. How wide is the primary hull?

A ship that is both longer and wider than this gate is too big to be practical.
    Saucer sec is 800m wide, the nacelles go a good 300 meters taller and engineering hull a good 600. If the gate was a square, sure, but round I doubt.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I love that someone is trying to beat me.
    Well I'm not actually trying to beat anyone, I haven't even heard of any of your builds until now :P
    Good work on the gate, though! You should add a destination display somewhere. Don't want to jump into a star sector by accident!

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well I'm not actually trying to beat anyone, I haven't even heard of any of your builds until now :p
    Good work on the gate, though! You should add a destination display somewhere. Don't want to jump into a star sector by accident!
    Why the hell would you need more than two of these? Most folks clients LTFO with just this. Imagine how the server would feel if the gates were all that large. From my experiences on MFleet, there is a ten second or so spike in ping whenever a ship larger than 350m in length uses a jumpgate.
    Saucer sec is 800m wide, the nacelles go a good 300 meters taller and engineering hull a good 600. If the gate was a square, sure, but round I doubt.
    it'll fit. only the core has to go through.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Why the hell would you need more than two of these?
    Well, the way I plan to use them is by having large (100km) sectors, and a very large ship to explore space with. If I find something cool, say a planet that's generated a city on it, I can spawn in one of these gate and link it with another one near my home-base, since using /load allows more than one station per sector.

With a gate this size, most of my builds can pass through it with ease.

You must keep in mind that not everyone plays online, like myself. I prefer building and exploring. Since there is not much exploring to be done in the game currently, I build.

Also, that massive ping I suspect will be from loading the sector they are jumping to in a hurry. If the sector already has a person in it, it shouldn't lag too much since the server has already loaded it in.