1 million/s extra power cap?

Reaction score
    So in an attempt to avoid having to make giant blocks of power generators, I have a simple question. Is there anyway to again gain extra regeneration from the dimensions of power generators after 1 million/s?

After it hit the 1 million/s mark, it did not gain any extra regeneration:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I ran into this problem, too, except i was getting 100 per block. I think its a bug (unless its a really bad nerf). People like calbiri have already reached max regen without bruteforcing it, so this is something new.

My max reactor is generating 3 mil because of this :(

Ill just sit tight and see whats wrong

Reaction score
    Power pyramids! I like.

I fiddled with power on my big ship and noticed that continuing to build it \"right\" still got more power than building things \"wrong\" but by a tiny amout - 1 million is a soft cap, not an absolute cap. So you\'re not completely wasting your time by finishing the reactor even if it only gains you a few extra blocks worth.

Power storage blocks don\'t seem to have a cap and scale really, really well in any shape if they are all touching. They also glow an eerie green color and are probably my favorite block in the game now. I\'m at 1.4 million e/sec and I\'m going to try to get to 2 mil but after that I\'m going to just spam power storage blocks and learn to live with only firing the main gun for a few seconds at a time.

Turrets have their own power supply and energy cap. Hmm, I wonder if a turret with excess power can help the main ship recharge? I should test this eventually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whats happening is that once you reach 1 mil, any blocks added after supply only 25 energy/sec, no matter the configuration. This means that 1 mil is basically the cap, espescially if youre trying to reach regen in the millions-billions. It makes making large reactors very difficult.

Reaction score
    Whats happening is that once you reach 1 mil, any blocks added after supply only 25 energy/sec, no matter the configuration. This means that 1 mil is basically the cap, espescially if youre trying to reach regen in the millions-billions. It makes making large reactors very difficult.

Somehow that\'s not quite right. Starting with 1.1 million total (wrote wrong number earlier), if I cut a 400-block power spar in half I lost 624 power. I added lots of power spar somewhere else and cut the big spar again, and I only lost 212 power. Hmm.

Adding a block to the side of a random lesser 200-block power spar got me 25.7 power instead of exactly 25. Clearly it is wrong to say that there is no bonus power after 1 million, but the diminishing returns are also killer.