1/2 Scale Borg Sphere Updated with Interceptor

Reaction score
    Nowhere near done, but I figured that I would start a project thread because it will take a while.

I was inspired by trajan45 and his Borg cube, so I started to make a sphere. I decided to make it 1/2 scale, as the federation ships my friends and I have made are also 1/2 scale. I plan on releasing this when it is done.

It is 300 in blocks diameter. I am working on the shell and I will add chunky armor and bits when that is done.

http://imgur.com/a/cPipk

UPDATE: I have gotten a little more work done, I will add pictures later today after I work on it some more.

For now I got started on a Borg Interceptor / Probe. I got most of the hull giblets on the top halve done and I would like opinions or suggestions on it. :http://i.imgur.com/h0HrtQe.jpg

Reaction score
    Can\'t you please post the image and not just the link! It\'s crazy how nobody does this on these forums!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Omg it already looks like something I would not like to meet in space. Nice sphere-making skills btw.

Reaction score
    First off, Awesome. I love seeing these types of massive projects. :)

2nd, no one does the direct post of the image because, well, look at how the forum handles the image.... And the resize option doesn\'t work. At all. People do it to try to make it easy to look through the forum lol.

Reaction score
    I\'m making a cube but nowhere near scale (1:25). I thought about making a sphere to go along with it but that\'s hard to do with voxels. Seems you\'ve beaten that challenge, though. I\'d love to help you with this project unless you\'ve already finished.

Can\'t wait to see the final product!

Reaction score
    EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

Wait, wrong series. Has anyone built a Dalek yet? That looks awesome, I can never seem to build a good sphere, when you have just the sphere done could you give us a blueprint so we could turn it into a Death Star?

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They do that out of consideration for those with poor bandwidth so people don\'t open pages with a dozen huge images. Plus it is literally zero effort to click on a link -_-

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hot damn, very nice.

I am in the process of building a Borg Cube for a server event, is this complete and operational?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A book series I recall reading that featured spherical ships (not at all Star Treck related).

Trouble is, those ships were the size of earth\'s moon or larger.

Not going to work so well in StarMade atm...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    OMG i\'m so gonna make a massive battle with this and a few enterprises when this one is done. GF framerate