1:1 USS Vengeance (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I thought we were never going to move this! just aim in the general direction and blow them into oblivion from 200 sectors away XD

therimmer96

Reaction score
    There goes my plans for sports car shuttlecraft!

Reaction score
    Beeyotch, please.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Terran_Dreadnought

^ Galaxy-X Class, Mirror Universe Refit. Armed with 10-20k arrays of highly focused phased particle beams, and 4-6k tricobalt warheads.

Does 10 to 1 on the Vengeance. Buuuuuut, you aren\'t of the good \'ol times, are you?

Alzo : If you want a powerful battlecruiser, that is canon star trek by all means you should go with the Sovereign Class, it\'s atleast 300 years in the future, and... STARSHIP SWEEPING PHASERS!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    When we say that the gal-x is weaker than the Vengeance, we mean in this game. Size is what matters here, and not many ships will be able to outclass this. If your still confident, come on my server when we finish and will see who is more powerful

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Do you even have one yet math?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Just to give you an idea of scale, here is a picture

Oh look, there is your precious Galaxy and Soveriegn classes, smaller than the lengh of the nacelles.

Come at us BRAH!

Reaction score
    BRO.

JUST.

ENTERPRISE.. Hmm, what was it.. F.

FROM THE CANON UNIVERSE.

Alzo : The vengeance got crippled in 20 minutes. The Enterprise D lasted 7 SEASONS and more 1 MOVIE.

Alzo 2 : The Abraamsverse is too damm big

That big.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    yes, ent f is bigger than veng,but STO isnt really considered totally canon either. if you do build it from scratch, have fun. That would be on hell of a project that I doubt would ever see completion due to its sheer scale and laggyness.

point 1 - Ent D never had 72 prototype torpedos detonate in its hangar either.

point 2 - In my opinion, the prime universe was too small, it lacked awe. The original enterprise was 289 metres long, shorter than an oasis class cruise ship, which is 362 metres long. Numbers yo!

Reaction score
    So imagine how big the galaxy classes in the J.J. Abrams universe would be, If the galaxy class is twice to almost three times the size as the original constitution class. you\'re looking at a ridiculously massive ship. and being that it\'s almost a good hundred years in the future from the time of vengeance the technology would far surpass it. I imagine they might be similar in size, may be, and the vengeance might be a little bit better suited for combat as the enterprise D was designed specifically as a multipurpose exploration vessel and not a straight worship.

to illustrate my point Here\'s a sketch and made a while back.

of course by showing everyone this I\'ve revealed my talent for drawing ships. lol don\'t kill me for redesigning a classic.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We all know though that EVE Dreads would turn these to Swisscheese right?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    My point was never about which is the most powerful in canon, but in this game. this will inevitably be able to fit more weapons, sheilds and power than a gal-x.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    And I now pull the trump card to end the stupid ship debate so the thread about the Vengeance can actually have productive things posted in it.

I give you this food for thought:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1 small problem with having a 1,500 m long ship. with the max segments, max field of view, and the other setting that affects how far you can see also on max you can barely render the entire ship at once. i learned this from experiance :|

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The max segments might not be an issue, because a large amount of the ships 3D footprint is empty space. Oh well, we will see how well it turns out. Havent posted any updates in a while as we havent actually done much really noticable work, its mostly staring, looking at images the saying erm, I think that bit goes there. There isnt actually that many good references we can use, Deadlis has a scale model on his desk and it doesn\'t actually help all that much. Any way, current progress is we have kinda nearly got the top segment of the primary hull, but the biggest issue is bordem. Staring at so much black hull for so long is REALLY dull, so we (and I mean me) get distracted and end up derping round the internet for a while. Dont worry though, this wont be dying anytime soon and hopefully we will be getting someone who is really skilled in building epic creations to help soon...

therimmer96

Reaction score
    So the bridge module stick thing has no real reference shots for what exactly under the bridge, only the concept art, so Deadlis made what he thinks is under the bridge. And it is really sexy.

Also, the bottom of the saucer is looking awesome. Obviously it isnt the final version, we plan on adding more detail

Reaction score
    this is a nice build man, and although iver never seen Into Darkness (TNG fan ;) ) this is shaping up to an epic ship!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The new CIC deadlis built

Sexy windows