[0.09373] Cockpit rotation not affecting camera

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    No matter what direction a cockpit is facing, the camera still points to the front in fly mode. This may not seem like a big deal, but on a large ship, it is nice to be able to quickly see what is beside you, below you, above you and behind you without getting out of fly mode and walking around your massive ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The lack of a freelook for now, I can live with.

But I thought the cockpits were precisely to have different viewpoints, and they are.

I think the only reason it\'s not working as it logically implies right now is because the controls aren\'t managed to be covered from a different viewpoint orientation. (Forward when cockpit faces backwards has to keep moving forward, etc) though I don\'t see how that\'s really a problem, because you could simply leave the controls unaltered and oriented to be dependant of the ship core.

That way you don\'t really have anything to \"manage\" but you also avoid people abusing the cockpit system to like, make extraordinary ships that could suddently work in reverse on a whim, or any direction, really, making them the virtually most frustrating targets in history.

The second part is really more of a thought for the devs, but I still agree that flymode\'s camera should be oriented with the way the cockpit (If you are in it) is facing. I really want a freelook, but if at least the cockpits worked like that, I could settle for it.

---------
    Chuck

Reaction score
    I confirmed it\'s a little problem on massive ship or multi weaponeries.

I am on alpha [0.09377]

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Not a bug.

Schema has indicated there are issues relating to fixed camera direction and ship movement before. Cockpit visual rotation has not been implemented yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    There actually is a freelok implemented, all you have to do is press the Right Shift Key.