[0.0875] Auto-Save

Reaction score
    As of .0875, the server will often say not responding for about 10 seconds and THEN tell us that it was about to autosave, so here's a few suggestions to help:

• Have the server tell the client that it is saving before saving (~5 seconds before)

• After recieving that message from the server, the client will not notify the client that it has lost connection, but rather just pause the game until the client recieves a message from the server saying that it is done and should unpause the game, allowing the player to continue with minimal interruption.
    What do you guys think? Please let me know if it pausing like that sounds like a better solution than the freezing-up that we currently experience during saves.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm working on making the save process seemless, so there isn't any lag at all. Normally a lag only occurs when discovering large objects or being in a very populated sector.

The "server does not response" message is not a lost connection. It most of the time only indicates, that the server is busy, and didn't respont to a ping for 1 second. If the message disappears, the server is back to normal (most of the time). Should it stay for more than 30 seconds, it means that the server probably froze.

Reaction score
    Ok, so are you planning on putting that in the next version? Heck, what is the next version GOING to be? Like how you classified "StarMade 0.0875: Accessibility Refinement Part I" what will the next one be?