BobbyAI Logic Control and Connectivity with Display modules

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Saw this suggestion today.
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/logic-based-target-prioritization.30881/#post-371098
    And it reminded me of this.
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/proximity-alarms.30707/#post-369019
    Which I would like to see added in as a Logic output either from itself or maybe with the use of a Sensor block.

Schine/schema would it be possible to have logic control and/or connectivity with Display modules?

Display Module configuration options would allow for granular control from within the entity they're docked or maybe the turret itself. Not sure how, but perhaps through the Turret Axis or directly on the BobbyAI or both maybe.

Idea would be to allow Display modules to configure the BobbyAI using variables that match the current and any future settings.
    Using logic the same way we copy Display to Display, we could use this to apply settings to the BobbyAI.

This would be highly useful for current and future control.
    We would be able to change the settings at the click of a button.
    • Target priority
    • Reset (So important for recessed and snug fitting turrets)
    • anything else people might think of
    Feedback would be a nice to have also;
    • either signal based - where the particular target select option criteria is met
    • or perhaps a reply to a display module
    • or perhaps a value change of a feeback variable to be used in display modules. This would be useful to manipulate logic outputs if the display modules values could be passed on or checked using sensors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This would be wonderful for changing the ai on turrets, yes. Let us do it through a linked display module instead of going all the way out to the turret itself.