Zoom Targetting

Reaction score
    Right now, we can have ships with 1700 range with weapons, but it is difficult to see the target or hit the target form far away. I think it would be cool if there was some way to zoom in and see a target from a distance.

It's kind of silly to see a huge ship 20 blocks away from a small ship trying to destroy it when it looks like it could do this from much further away.

Also, right now, we need to go to build mode and move far away to see where our shots are going at range and then make adjustments which is not the point of build mode.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Imo, weapons range need a cap. When some feature enables some users to have benefict over other, just because they have a better PC, the game is unbalanced. With that said, giving players the ability to zoom will lead to players creating bigger weapons, with bigger ranges, and start killing players from far away.

Let\'s picture this. I have a High-End PC. I\'ve enable max draw distance, and I can see 3 sectors away. Some other player have a mid/low end PC and can only see 500m away. Is it fair to be killed by some player you can\'t even see?

Weapons range should be linked to some kind of radar range, and this should be the same to all the ships and players. Some weapons design can hit max range, but a cap must exist.

Also, with the AI turrets, if you have a real big ranged cannon, it can shoot far far away.

Reaction score
    Why not just fix the game so that draw distance is not horrible on a decent PC? He is still optimizing the game. This is an alpha.