Yet another one of those things again...

Reaction score
    Hello all, i need not give my name as it is present to the left of this body of text you are currently observing.(theres something to be said in being thorough, albiet it is a nuiscance)

I have been playing Starmade for some time now, (about a year) but i am a person who enjoys getting to know a game before entering its community, so as to attempt to cut down the amount of people barging into the forums upon thier discovery of said game screaming "Whussgoinon?"

I have made several ships, bases, space stations, etc... in my time, some of my favorite creations being minimalist ships and or space stations, because expense is just annoying.

Some of you reading this may be asking the question: "What's up with the subject line?" a valid question. I only name my subject line in such a fashion so as to broach the likely ever boring and common question of "Please sir, may i be a tester?" Not wanting to get lost in the ever-growing tide of subect lines such as "PLS MEK ME TESTER" or "MENEEDTESTERBENAOW" (you get the point), i went with something out of the ordinary.

Now, as to my credentials for such a post, i am very patient in this game, taking my time with everything, I have good experience with everything, but i do not assume that i know all within the realm of starmade. Just the other day, in fact, i decided to build a lightwieght, high speed ship for the purpose of exploring the local sun. Needless to say, i found out some very new things. (For those wondering, flying into the sun is a bad idea. upon reaching a certain proximity, things on your ship begin slowly melting off. upon reaching the sun's corona, your ship can last for a good one second, after which it is vaporized... along with you. I tried with larger ships, and no taco. the reality is quite simple to grasp: Don't fly your ship into the sun!

(Note: a peculiar warning upon reaching the "burn radius" gives word about how you should hide behind natural objects, so in the near future i will conduct "sun runs" with ships made of terrain materials, and perhaps even minerals to see if i can come up with an effective way to "beat the heat". doing so would create a new strategy for fighting ships, as any pursuer would die quite rapidly, or otherwise recieve costly damage, making them vulnerable to nearly any attack.)

As seen above, you may draw that i conduct valid and thorough research. (if you want to put it to the test, feel free, but you reading this counts as signing a liability waiver in my book.)

I am also ever willing to report bugs: The other day, i was managing some inventory and accidentally lost over 300 anti-matter cannons by shift-clicking them into a plexstorage device with completely full slots. they proved to be completely irretrievable, inclusive of methods involving turning it off and on again, which brings me to my final point: In my every day life, i am an IT repairsman, so i know how to run any issues through the gauntlet.

Well, that is me. I thank everyone in advance, regardless of what happens, and i look forward to participating in the starmade community and in the development of this truly awe inspiring game.

-Dawnguard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You seem like the kind of person who would actually SUPPORT the community instead of just removing all fourum posts or something else :)

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Welcome. Looking forward to seeing what you can do in the community. :)

(And thanks for not asking for tester, it gets old having to explain why they can\'t have it.....)