X-Wing 1:1 scale

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is my attempt at a 1:1 scale X-Wing.

You will note here that it is actually 14m long, rather than 12.6. This is due to a miscalculation I made while building it, but can be easily remedied by removal of a power block (or 2 if you want it 12m long)

Also, the ship in some of the pictures was slightly modified (by placing a white hull wedge on the front, for asthetic purposes - this is also, btw, where the miscalculation occurred):

I equipped it with 2 SD-BB Missile launchers (or torpedo launchers if you want) with the following stats:

And 4 AMC cannon (or laser cannon if you are picky):

Various ship views - note that due to the small size, fitting the various weapons in left them exposed, and detracts from the paintjob - but on the other hand, the Rebal Alliance often had issues keeping things looking nice, but less issues keeping things functional:

Doing a flyby of the rear part of the Nebulon-B which is currently WIP:

The highlighted power block in this picture could be removed to put in a Bobby AI unit - and make this ship a drone - to my understanding the X-Wing could be flown by an on-board astro-droid (for example, R2-D2), and as you can see a droid in this position would have easy access to both the cannon and missile computers. Also, the ship core is placed directly beneath that location:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To mess around with it a bit and make one with the S-foils closed. This of course reduced the cannon count to 2, but made each cannon individually more powerful (because currently, I know of no way to force AMC blocks which are touching to fire independently). Also note the white hull wedge remaining on the front of the first X-wing I made, which is removed in the second photo, returning it to 13m in length:

Edit: Hmm, I may need to adjust my TIE-Interceptor, it seems too wide compared to the X-Wing...

Reaction score
    Looks grand, honestly. I wouldn\'t worry much about the width issue. If it bothers you so, perhaps widening the X-wing would be preferable to thinning down the Interceptor?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was considering doing so with the closed S-foil one - it should really be slightly wider anyways, given that the s-foils are closed.