Wormhole Base Planet

Reaction score
    Earlier today I've done some pretty interesting things.

So when I was on a server, I was conducting some experiments because I wanted to build a cool homebase for the Multiversal Federation. I decided to build a space station IN a wormhole. The strategy is to control the wormhole routes for faster mobility. I planned to contro

Apparently, I could do that. Here are some photos.

I even managed to place a planet inside the wormhole and exit the build block without any damaging effects

Screenshot (705).png

Definitely a bug, guys, but I haven't reported it yet. What do you all think? Would this make for a very interesting build?

Attachments

Reactions: DrTarDIS
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Obviously not something you're supposed to be able to do. How do you even do anything in there without getting pulled through it? Are you actually still outside the teleport area or inside it?

Reminds me of trying to build a home station in the center of a star, actually. It ended up being more annoying than useful.

Reaction score
    Obviously not something you're supposed to be able to do. How do you even do anything in there without getting pulled through it? Are you actually still outside the teleport area or inside it?

Reminds me of trying to build a home station in the center of a star, actually. It ended up being more annoying than useful.
    As long as I'm aligned to my space station or the planet, I don't get killed or pulled through. I made a similar one in a star as well and I didnt die when getting out. And I'm still inside the teleport area of the wormhole, which is surprising ngl. When I undock from the station, my spaceship immediately gets warped.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    1634603175074.png

Even managed to build some docked fighters and more space stations, pretty nice

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    IIRC the antigravity chamber (the one that most often is used to stop planets sucking in bigger ships) also negates wormhole network acceleration.

For wormholes/stars, IIRC, you can "surf" into them without damage by being aligned to a small entity and finding some way to have it pilot itself there. EG fleet commands, or using the old "push" system.

Most area effects like star damage or worm(black)hole don't really work properly with entities hat are not actively piloted, and disregard anything aligned to them.

The 694 screenshot in OP is the same skybox you get inside any star. 8,8,8 Is one of the more fun ones to "occupy" this way IMHO.

edit: pritty sure that teleporters and gates are some of the best ways to get in and out of such "creatively placed" bases, for those so inclined.

Last edited: