World's as instances

Reaction score
    I will take that into consideration, your thoughts on paragraphs, although leading an argument with an insult would not be my first choice.. I cannot in all honesty say that you are wrong in your observations.. so.. I apologize. I will work on my grammar.. as always.. I am thankful for the responses to my grammatical errors.. even more so to the capacity to overlook them.. in the fairness of artistry.. and more so.. Just to be on topic of the discussion at hand.

Yes.. my grammar may leave much to be desired.. but.. my grammar is not the subject material.. the subject is improving a game that I love.. insults are not needed to influence me to do that.. they are just negative outputs.. I'm Sorry.. what were you saying?.. See what I mean? Why would you fare to insult me anyways? I never proclaimed to be a grammatical genius or computational wizard.. I clearly stated that I was an artist in love with a great game.. in all understanding of grammar.. I may slay paragraphs on the regular.. but I am No less a gamer than you.. in fact.. as a gamer in love with the idea of a great space game.. I assure you I will forever be the artistry of it's design you can be it's grammar if you so choose.. me.. I'm just an artist.. what do I know? In the absence of grammar.. artists create games.. grammar? Only the icing on the cake.. the cake being the absolute flavor.. what is wrote on top? Now that is just useless grammar.

Now.. as useless grammar goes.. do you think your theory is sound? It seems logical.. but.. I still wish you to explain it in more detail.. I am only capable of simple calculations you see.. I can only taste whether or not the cake tastes right.. even if I design it's icing.. an artist does not ice a crooked cake.. if they do.. they are not true artists.. sometimes.. artists are inspired by design.. as what I am most positive Starmade has done for most of them.. artistry is not of lesser calibre.. so.. I am adamant.. explain your theory.. if it truly is relevant to the discussion at hand.. bashing half of the cake is just not logical.. if it is.. well.. I can still remain offline.[DOUBLEPOST=1410389757,1410386791][/DOUBLEPOST]The end result of an idea must be the reason of it's design.. if the design were stupid.. well.. those designs would fail.. in the case of Starmade however.. it's idea is impeccable.. we design it.. all of us.. artist and programmer alike.. the end result will be astonishing.. Schema has made a great game.. we as gamers either forge it or not.. as an artist.. I choose to climb aboard.. and any insult to me.. I will accept it.. but I love this game.. I choose to help forge it.

Reaction score
    I would hope to proceed.. back on topic. So.. instances are relegated to useless jargon it seems.. I have No problem accepting that. So.. how to proceed? Hopefully not grammatically incorrect. So.. seamless transition from space to land.. and the ability to effect change on either.. without lag.. unless I missed my guess on that last part.. but.. how to increase the mass of a planet so my ships or mechs do not appear as monstrosities on a chocolate chip? This is a problem to which I am seeing No answer.. short of that which I supplied.. but that is just jargon. I am No programmer.. I am just a gamer and artist.. So.. how do you as programmers intend to make me as a gamer become emmersed when my small creation of a battle mech is larger than a planet? I already said I do not understand programming.. I have only modded a few games and understand file structures.. but.. in the end.. I am just an artist.. in this case however.. this game means a lot to me.. so.. as an artist.. I seek to help it progress.. so.. I ask questions. What is being done to realistically portray my battle mech's on a planet surface without unrealistically making them larger?[DOUBLEPOST=1410397001,1410396396][/DOUBLEPOST]Planetoids seem to be asteroids.. that is not realistic.. under the current scheme.. that would be the fare of the universe.. so.. how do we as thinking gamers and programmers resolve this?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well first off, sorry to hear about your ship, but these things happen. It's a learning experience if nothing else, and if you're clever enough you might be able to save it (Build thrusters onto it).

There are many issues with planets, size isn't as big an issue as it used to be (there's an option to increase the average planet size in the server.cfg file). All we can really do is wait for optimizations though, since the planet has various additions that no other entity has (Auto-gravity and that core).

Planetoids are classed as asteroids because it's easier that way. The individual plates (after destruction of the core) are basically asteroids in how they behave (can be knocked around and whatnot I think), even though they lack the restrictions of a normal asteroid. Sure you could make their own classification, but that would only add to the list of things to work on, and they would be sharing many of the same variables ingame anyways.

As much as I hate to admit it, planets are one of the select features where we can only wait and see what happens. They need to be optimized before we can really make any suggestions or the like about them, since it's hard to tell what they are meant to be really.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you know paragraphs @Cerebralhemirage ?

It is not bad using the features you got like
    [*INDENT]
    [*LIST]
    [*]
    [*/LIST]​
    [*/INDENT]
    they are in the tool-bar above the text field you write in
    . / - - - \
    / . X . X . \
    | . . L . . |
    | M . L . M |
    \ . M M M . /
    . \ _ _ _ /

Reaction score
    And No.. ignoring it is not an option.. unless we as starfarers only find asteroids in the cosmos.. I am pretty sure I am not alone in this thought.. so.. how will it be fixed? Can it be? Can a planet of block data be increased to such a size that your computer is not a Neanderthal? I suppose it could.. but that would mean.. your computer is worth more than my car. To remain realistic as a game.. the game must encompass realism.. bouncing across the universe for asteroids is just not Real.. planets are massive.. not small renditions of them.. so.. without the instance.. how would realism be preserved? I await the answer.. I truly hope there is a mind that can answer this for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1410399501,1410398840][/DOUBLEPOST]"Got" should be "have" NeonSturm as we are so inclined to correct. What is your beef with me anyways?[DOUBLEPOST=1410402565][/DOUBLEPOST]Well CyberTao.. the ship was irrelevant to me.. I only spawned it to explore the rest of Schema's universe.. my purpose was to explore that planetoid.. the ship I used to do it.. well.. it was not my design.. No reason to build thrusters on it.. suicide was faster.. look.. I do not mean to come off the wrong way.. maybe I have.. but.. I truly did not mean to.. I am Sorry.. carry on.. I will buy the game when it is done.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I also think the universe would have to be scaled up, else it would look kinda strange in my eyes (Battleships being bigger then the atmosphere bubble). I dunno, could be nice actually, but it takes away from other aspects (in a sense).
    That's one of the main advantages of instanced planets... They don't have to load from space, so you can make them as big as you want - As big as real planets, if you wish, or at least substantially larger than they are now. Would look really awesome, especially if the system structure was fixed so that there were less planets and they followed a standard orbital plane.

Reaction score
    Planets need to be much bigger. My cube shaped ship is larger then any planet I've come across.

Perhaps just making them bigger, spacing out the star systems a bit more and increase the radius of the atmosphere so you don't plunge through the entire atmosphere in like 1/1000's of a second?

All the planets currently feel like tiny asteroids with atmospheres.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    they are like asteroids, asteroids in real life are bigger. Earth is about 12742 km wide

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it would help to make planets bigger by making the hame recognise it as one entity. That way the occlusion culling that was recently added could help a lot more when near planets, since it won't load the back of the planet then.