working buildable robots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I was watching a live stream of this game where someone basically built an AI module controlled robot. They then saved this as a blueprint ship, and then used an army of them as their home bases defense. the ones they made were basically a floating pair of guns with armored hull for protection but they did it in a way that looked believably plausible.

This gave me a few generic concepts, what if we could build a Dave like crew NPC rigged robot? I mean rigged in terms of acting exactly like the way the crew members are now. Instead of just a robot skinned Dave, we could rather, just build one out of the blocks just as we do ships, but in blocks slightly smaller than the ship variety. The way I envision this working would be basically similar to build a bob, program a bob, then you just activate a bob. hell why not from now on refer to all robots as B.O.B. short for "Build Our Bot".

what if we could have a set of blocks that were specifically made for this purpose? and if we did this, we could then in theory then use player character items such as the gun to equip our robots. and this mite even be possible to work in reverse as well, that way we could have em carry our extra gear for us in case we needed the items, but wanted the free inventory space without carrying em.

I also see them as being a great new addition to in game entities, maybe even as a hostile. they could inhabit pirate basses to make them a bit more difficult target.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Darth Cestual