Won't Install

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every time I open the launcher and hit "update and install latest version" it gives me this:

FileNotFoundException: starmade-build_20130617_212011.zip (Access is denied)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You can download the game files manually. I\'m trying to find the link right now. But don\'t fret! I am on the case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok I found the files and got them downloaded but now it\'s telling me to update my graphics card because it\'s an intel. I\'ve keep trying but can\'t figure out how to do this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    To update the graphics card, just head to the manufacturers website, find your specific card, and there should be a download link for the newest update. If it\'s an Intel HD Integrated Graphics, you\'re going to have a bad time getting this to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is integrated into the computer :/ so is it impossible or just incredibly difficult?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    With reference to the original problem, if anyone else has the same error, try running StarMade-starter as administrator.

As for the graphics card thing. Updating a graphics card means buying new hardware. What you\'re probably looking to do is update the graphics drivers. Intels newer (last 2-3 years) integrated graphics should be up to scratch to run the game in terms of hardware, so it\'s most likely a software issue. As recommended, head to your manufacturers website and look under the support section for something like \"Downloads & Drivers\". Find your specific computer and download the latest graphics driver. If it still doesn\'t work, make sure you\'re using the latest version of Java and the appropriate version for your machine (i.e. x64 Java on a 64bit machine, x86 on a 32 bit machine can help).

As for the GTS 250, again, that should have enough horsepower to run the game but it\'s a very old design. It\'s a reworked version of the GTX 9800, which is itself based on the GTX 8800 design which came out in 2006. So old hardware updated for the 2009/2010 market. The drivers should be mature though so make sure you\'ve got the latest. If it still doesn\'t run, then my best recommendation is to save up some money and buy a new graphics card. The next-gen consoles look like they\'ll be on par with the Radeon HD 7800 series or NVIDIA GTX 600 series so buying any of the mid-to-high range ones from those series should set you up for the next few years.