Wires + Connections

Reaction score
    I don't know if this topic has been posted before but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Are wires/connections going to be implimented in the future versions of Starmade? Minecraft uses redstone wiring to connect power sources to objects that use the power, why doesn't Starmade use this also? It would add some realism to the game and would make ship destruction more realistic. Instead of having to destroy most of the shield dispersers, an attacking player could instead aim for power conduits that run throughout the ship. What do you people think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be ok for bigger ships but it would make smaller ships even harder to make.

I vote no for this just because the current way is simplier, you don\'t need to manually connect stuff with additional stuff since it\'s sci-fi technology, wires can be automatically routed through hulls, modules, etc.

It would be best to disturb shield regeneration if shield modules are hit, same for other modules, instead of targeting wire :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I haven\'t played the game for a while, opting to instead let it build up and then give it another go. That being said, I suggested something similar a while back in this thread;
    http://star-made.org/content/inputs-and-triggers
    While it\'s not quite redstone, it would end up like a wireless logical system anyway. The idea is actually modeled around the Source engine\'s map editor, Hammer, and its use of inputs.
    http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/U7wNfOLOqww/maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I just assume the 1 meter cubed blocks that ships are made out of contain all the necessary circuitry for the ships inner-communications/power/whatever

Reaction score
    would be very stupid for smaller ships, for for some functions on captials it could be usefull.
    buttons to activate plex doors for example