Will Intel Cards Ever be Supported

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm posting this in Help because, if anyone knows of a solution, I would like to hear a fix.

Here's my problem. I have played the game and love it on my laptop. I was hoping to install it on my Windows 8 tablet, but the tablet uses an Intel Atom processor and its integrated graphics card. The tablet can handle games, and could easily handle Starmade on low settings. My only problem: The graphics card isn't supported. I've tried updating the drivers and it didn't work. My question then is if the old intel cards will ever be supported. I would one day like to play Starmade on my tablet.

If anyone knows of a way around this problem, please tell me! My graphics card is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. I have already updated the drivers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Intel graphics cards are absolute Sh** I know from experience as I\'m on a system that\'s using one. Truth is you\'re gonna have no luck, the issue is not with the developers it\'s down to the guys at intel, their cards don\'t seem to like to support opengl, Starmade is requires opengl 2.1 or higher to run, the developers cannot change this so unfortunately your tablet may never be able to run Starmade unless the guys over at intel make drivers that support the features of opengl that is required through a patch for your specific graphics card.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new however I hoped this helped.

-TheClown

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How many people have heard of a CPU processor core/graphics card that isn\'t made by intel, and in a modern computer. Come on! Intel is the only option! :(

Reaction score
    First, there is AMD

Second, don\'t bump very old threads, look here:

http://star-made.org/content/known-issue-intel-gpu-and-build-00939-workaround

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    No no no!

Intel CPU always outperforms an AMD CPU in the perfermance per core.

AMD is not a good alternative for a GPU. Look into Nvidia. In general, GTX 660TI in sli, or a GTX 680 is a great gpu, especially for lesser demanding games like starmade

Reaction score
    AMD has better CPU+GPU combos than Intel which is what we are talking about.

They also make great GPUs, and their CPU\'s are quite good, but yes not as fast as intels (but plenty to play this game and any other)