Why the display ui needs a clickable altcode table and colorpicker.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    as a osx user i can not natively create alt codes on my keyboard.
    perdefault i neither can copy paste those characters over into starmade from a textfile because per default java is not given permission to access the clipboard.

So i was thinking, why not fancy up the display ui anyway? why not give it a color picker and a clickable table of alt codes to be displayed below the text area along with fontsize settings and clickable codes like "[power]"

i know i know because you are working on the faction thing... so as the display block meanwhile plays a big part of logic and can't be used by osx users without altering how the os behaves - when will this "bug" be fixed?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Recently I mentioned somewhere updating the editor for the Display module so we can click on a button toolbar to get what we want. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The color picker and font size sounds good. I'm not so sure about alt codes due to the sheer quantity of them.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    well we would need 1-31 and 126-255 the other characters are gladly present.
    [doublepost=1478633847,1478633742][/doublepost]
    Recently I mentioned somewhere updating the editor for the Display module so we can click on a button toolbar to get what we want. :)
    Yeah i might have missed that, sory. GJ already pointing at it.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    well we would need 1-31 and 126-255 the other characters are gladly present.
    [doublepost=1478633847,1478633742][/doublepost]
    Yeah i might have missed that, sory. GJ already pointing at it.
    No worries. It sure is something that we would make good use of and a big time saver.