why play starmade

Reaction score
    you should give us reason to continue playing starmade
    - why need to large space area in ship or station if we dont need?
    - - storage is one block there is no many pipeline to improve
    - - factory is one block there is no larger factory room need
    - - crew is not exists no beds no living room, cant send many of theme to dangerous planet, or make theme fight on fleet.. or run my factories, or making my colony in the planet..
    - why build in planet if build cost in space is low?
    - why discovers planet have no danger and prize?
    - why collecting sources if we can get any ship by credit in catalog?
    - why need to get 1000000000 credit if there are no colony or capital ship to pay?
    - if there is no fuel need, why need to war?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There's so many fun things that you can do, just get creative :P (example: swarm drone battles)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I love building ships, I've always wanted to design my own ships and starmade gives me the creative outlet to do that and I can even fight them.

You should find your own reasons for playing, or stop. If you don't enjoy it don't play, simple as that, nobody is twisting your arm. You must care about the game at least a little otherwise you would not have made a forum account.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have the best reason of all: because why not....
    everyones favorite cat schema works hard on this game you should be happy u were honored to be allowed to play

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Right now? Test the game and make it better.

The serious testers stomp out the technical bugs, while the userbase gives suggestive feedback to the developers on gameplay ideas. Rarely does a game come along where the devs and userbase are so cozy.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Quite literally everything on this list is currently in the works or has been commented on by the devs. Purpose for owning things, maintaining those things, protecting and fighting for those things will all be a part of the game eventually. But we cant have that if those things aren't even in the game yet. This is why we are getting universe updates next.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I haven't spend as much time on a single space game as this one in a LONG TIME!. Perhaps going all the way back to STAR CONTROL 2 (Ur-Quan Masters). I have paid ten times as much for a game that didn't last as long as this. And this is only in ALPHA! All that stuff is going to come sooner or later. My only worry is that my computer won't be able to keep up. Good thing Christmas is coming!

Reactions: DukeofRealms
    Reaction score
    'US'? As in your opinion gives weight and representation of all of our voices? No, it give voice to one. Yours.

These have all, as said before by the others, been recognised by the devs and are on the road to being fixed.

I'm going to say on what I say on literally every other single early access/permadev game: You do not have to constantly play it! You can watch its development and test for bugs. (Which is your....our....job while this is in beta)

Right now I'm watching the development of:

-Minecraft
    -War Thunder
    -Starbound
    -Starmade

So I don't need to play all of these games, but I do watch their development.

At the same time we've been getting a lot of shitposts and troll posts recently so I'm gonna post this:

Not that you are shitposting, but it does seem that way...

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've always wanted to build with building blocks without running out of blocks of the right color without options for getting more. I'm so content right now.... :)

Reaction score
    Quite literally everything on this list is currently in the works or has been commented on by the devs.
    thank you this is what i want to hear :)
    so i well testing the dev branch in new copy.

ok i really not gonna leave the game, its idea push by shock. i'm sorry for this.

its nice to be creative, and with so many (other) people pay ships from your designs its give you really success feeling...

(us) mean (other) player have the (why) i said.

am read for current game: Space Citizen, No Man's Sky... there is not give features like starmade with future possibilities.

thank you :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I, for one, agree with this guy. While Starmade is great, there does kind of have to be more reason to do things - More things to put in ship interiors, more things to put on stations so there's a reason to have larger stations, things that make non-home bases useful, things that make freighter ships more useful, reasons to actually colonize planets and not just salvage them to death, etc. Currently, if I didn't want to do anything not needed for the game I could just build a large cube ship with no interior or hull and spam systems blocks onto it as I make it, and I'd only buy a station so that I could build a dock and make said ship invincible just in case. I wouldn't need an interior on my ship or station, because there's nothing I need to put in that interior and I don't need an enclosed space for any reason anyway. I wouldn't need hull either, seeing as it just adds mass and generally breaks with one hit from any respectable weapon. Might as well just add another layer of shield capacity blocks, because those actually have some kind of cumulative value. I also wouldn't even have to craft most things; I could just make tons of gray hull or something else fairly basic and sell it to shops and buy whatever component I need.

...And why would I even build that cube ship? The only enemies out there are Isanths that don't even have shields, and stations that are basically just massive cylinders of free blocks to go sell. I don't need much more than a box fighter with decent turrets to deal with that.

All of that said, I enjoy art, variety, and RP, which is why I've built the Aethi fleet and am experimenting with new types of weapons. But I still feel that there should be fundamental reasons to do things.