"why aren't my rails and rotators working?" - troubleshooting your builds in 0.19282

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    a few stray observations to help you get your builds working again in the new patch, since it appears some changes went undocumented. perhaps these are bugs, perhaps these are intentional:

• if an item you loaded from a pre-patch blueprint is not moving on its rail or switching direction, undock and re-dock it. you can also prime an uncooperative rotator by pressing a facet-adjacent-wired-to-the-rotator button block.

• rotators you wish to be "always on" now require an adjacent button block wired to the rotator to keep the rotation going. pulse this button as a part of your "set rotation on" sequence. if you were using an activation module for your constant rotator, you will now have to sub it for a button and run a wire to it unless the rotator has a rail speed controller. changing speed control away from 0 to turn on the device doesn't need to send a signal to the button to start the rotation. however, if you are turning your device off by setting the ANGLE of rotation to 0, you will need to pulse this button to start the rotation again.

• turn your constant rotator OFF by setting the rotation angle (Activation Modules wired from the rotator and turned ON) to 0, or set the speed to 0 using a Rail Speed Controller.

anyone else have any general helpful advice for working with rails and rotators this patch? let's hear it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    rotators you wish to be "always on" now require an adjacent button block wired to the rotator to keep the rotation going. pulse this button as a part of your "set rotation on" sequence. if you were using an activation module for your constant rotator, you will now have to sub it for a button and run a wire to it.
    Although I cannot comment reliably, the one example of constant rotating with a chain of activation modules is still rotating without a button :) - I set it running before the update and its undergone a lot of server restarts and not stopped spinning

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i also ran into some trouble with the rails themselves not switching via logic. all I had to do was de-select and re-select them to get them working again.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    awesome, that's good to know, crimson - some things would be far easier to rewire than to re-dock!