Why aren't my Mining Drones aren't mining.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Does anyone have any ideas as to why my mining drones would go out to an asteroid and just stop when they get there? I made a set that has one salvage computer firing nine beams with ten blocks each, then I rebuilt that so they all fire as a single beam. I give them the "mine sector" order and they all fly to the nearest rock, take up positions around it, and then just...park.

I have a completely different set that I built a couple of weeks ago that work fine - they have one computer firing seven beams using five salvage beam blocks in each. I can't think of what I would've done differently that would cause the new ones not to work - they're just a beefier version of the first.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is your storage empty? It's the only thing I can think of.

Reaction score
    connect the salvage beams to a storage and give the storage plenty cargo space
    make sure they have everything a normal miner has, power gen, a bit of power supply and thrusters
    use 3 or 4 drones to keep them in formation
    I noticed 1 or 2 act a bit spastic around rocks
    that should do the trick
    btw ... the main *nr1*ship does not mine, only the ships at spot nr 2,3,4,5 etc

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I guess its a bug in the current version. Some of my drones stop working too when they finished a asteroid. Then I have to repeat the fleet order a few times until all drones work again.... and no the storage is not full.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If they're not firing at all, sounds like your storage container isn't slaved to the salvage computer. It doesn't fire because it has nowhere to put the blocks, since there is no pilot with an inventory on board.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    connect the salvage beams to a storage and give the storage plenty cargo space
    make sure they have everything a normal miner has, power gen, a bit of power supply and thrusters
    use 3 or 4 drones to keep them in formation
    I noticed 1 or 2 act a bit spastic around rocks
    that should do the trick
    btw ... the main *nr1*ship does not mine, only the ships at spot nr 2,3,4,5 etc
    Thank you - that was the problem and you had the solution. I'd forgotten to connect the salvage computer to the storage locker. I could have sworn I'd done so, but maybe I deleted the block and replaced it during the build or something...