Whistleblower reveals unauthorized Battlestar Combat Footage

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yesterday, Coopy.tv received four pictures from an anonymus whistleblower.

The pictures show what appears to be a Colonial Mercury Class Battlestar that reads "Atlantia" on its side engaging on what appears to be an asteroid based mining operation, causing enormous amounts of physical destruction. What looks like a regular training exercise at first glimpse is probably hiding more explosive news.

Analysis of the pictures' digital signature shows that they were probably made far beyond the red line - the border between Cylon and Colonial space. Crossing of which is heavily prohibited for either side in order to keep the truce. According to this, having a military vessel operate let alone engage in combat beyond the red line could be interpreted by the cylons as a provocation and lead to a full-on war.

The mission objectives of the battlestar Atlantia and its' current whereabouts are unknown.

Confronted military officials made differing statements. Some said the photos were "probably manufactured by monotheist terrorist cells to destabilize Colonial Government", others didn't want to comment on the matter at all. Some officials also denied the existence of any such military operation or any violation of the red line-policy.

The truth - as always - probably lies somewhere in between.

COOPY.TV will keep you updated on the matter!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love how you gave us more than just a screenie and made it an event with a story.

Where can I subscribe to coopy.tv for more star-news? ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That is REALLY cool! But, don\'t you think it\'s a little bit small to be a battlestar?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just check out www.Coopy.tv

That is also our server coopy.tv:2424 its pretty high-ranked atm.

I may just be planning to produce Videos made by captured in game-pvp content (non-staged) in the future, so this is basically just the teaser.

@Planr:

Yeah, you got me there. It is 200 blocks in length, a real battlestar would lie around 1500/1600. So scale is around 1:6 or 1:7.

First thing, it would have been way too much work in real dimensions, second thing, I didnt want to lag out the server, third thing it might be difficult to control such a giant machine with this engine.

HOWEVER, it does feature a CIC as well as a fully operational interior, all turrets are accessible from the inside. We are currently manning it with 4 players, me being the Pilot and the others working turrets and repairs.

But its not just good looking, it is designed to also perform in PVP, and currently it is the most powerful warship on the server. (40+ players, usually full) Each block that gets shot out is replaced by a hardened block in the same color, creating a neat \"Patchy\" look that lets the ship keep its scars and tell a story over time ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'d happily take on a fleet one i finish nightingale for one heck of a battle if you can spare the people. PM me for info/planning!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You guys better PM him your PC specs too, you need PCs with GTX 650++ to load half of his (turreted) ship xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The size of the Battlestar Galactica is actually too big if you compare it with the planet :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That action was reaaally nice and is a signature for our server ;)

Good job iZen

Reaction score
    Im currently creating My own Halo friget right now, once I finnish I may make a full sized battlestar, though I would be rediculusly large...